Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Who is the Lewin Group, the sole resource for Republican's "figures on health care?"?

Do you think there is a reason the Republicans use an INSURANCE COMPANY as a resource for health care policy and numbers?

The Lewin Group is an Ingenix company. Ingenix, a wholly-owned subsidiary of UnitedHealth Group, was founded in 1996 to develop, acquire and integrate the world's best-in-class health care information technology capabilities. For more information, visit www.ingenix.com. The Lewin Group operates with editorial independence and provides its clients with the very best expert and impartial health care and human services policy research and consulting services.

OWNED BY UNITED HEALTH CARE

Source - MSNBC news

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Yep! The press has been quoting their statistical analysis and the RNC and Fox have been touting their high integrity and accuracy. Turns out they're part of United Healthcare, one of the largest healthcare organizations in the country whose CEO makes 124 million dollars a year!

Yeah, THEY'RE unbiased an accurate. Give me a break.

• Noah H
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

On the issue of health insurance the GOP has totally lost it's mind. Too many people have no health insurance because it's just too damned expensive. A public plan being non-profit, not obliged to advertise, with no need to budget money for lobbying will of course be lower cost. Besides that, anyone getting a pay check...illegal aliens included, will be kicking in something rather as it is now kicking in NOTHING. Because there will be more insured people the HEALTH CARE side of the equation will expand to service these new clients. At this point the HEALTH CARE industry can't collect billions of dollars from millions of working class people BECAUSE they have no insurance and damned little cash. Padding bills and trying to collect a few bucks from Medicaid for those with Medicaid doesn't close the gap. ER's are shutting down and don't you dare walk into a doctor's office without a credit card, cash or insurance. They won't accept you as a patient, and they for sure won't accept you without an appointment. The Lewin Group evidently is just another propaganda outlet dispensing disinformation. We hear their 'conclusions', but they don't publish their data or show how how the data is collected. Studies are supposed to be scientific.....and the questioned asked are not supposed to illicit the wanted answer. I'd like to see the study...not just the 'findings'!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Republicans use the same tactics for issues like Global Warming and Gun Control.

They are not really interested in helping everyday americans with the cost of living, they are ALWAYS for large business, because that's who gets them elected.

I remember hearing that when I was a republican and thinking it was liberal conspiracy theory, until I started actually looking at republican donor bases and where the money really did come from. I used to think it was ma and pa, middle america...I was wrong of course.

The reason pharmaceutical companies oppose Obama's health care reform, is because they are able to charge us exhorbitant fees for medicine. Republican representatives know this, but don't care, because they have never been about middle class america, despite thier claims.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Good or bad, this group sure as hell knows a lot more about health care than Obama and Pelosi.

MSNBC sure is a reliable source. Why not just go to Chevez in Venezuela or to Castro in Cuba. They are more pro-american than MSNBC.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

they are owned by united healthcare and they just agreed to pay a 50 million dollar fine in the state of New York for manipulating the system

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

1) I trust the CBO more. That's all the data you need

2)Tell me why tort reform is not a part of Obama's plan. Because he wouldn't do that to the lawyers who suoort Dems.

It goes both ways pal.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Check the

Congressional Budget Offices' stats,lib

• J M
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

They are a group that Democrats want you to know ALL about.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

they are a group the democrats don't want you to know about

• ?
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

So what's your question?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.