Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Just because the White House and CNN agree Obama's birth certificate controversy is "nonsense" is it really?

http://www.politico.com/politico44/perm/0709/gibbs...

In August of 1959 Hawaii became a US State. They needed a way to account for everyone already born who was now a US citizen. So, they used Birth Certificates for those born after 1959 and they used "Certifications of Live Birth" (COLB) to account for those born earlier than August 1959.

Basically, in a Birth Certificate it is filled out by the Dr/hospital and gives the name of the hospital the baby was born at, The Dr's name, height/weight etc.

And a "Certification of Live Birth" is made by the parents or subject filling out the info to the best of their ability. If that info is wrong on the Certificate of Live Birth, it is rarely caught, the people said it happened so they are believed. It also doesn't ask for the Dr, hospital, height/weight etc.

Now, Obama provides us with a copy of his "Certificate of Live Birth" and as Snopes.com proves, it is real. Official.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/birthcertific...

But, WHY did he give a "COLB" and not his REAL birth certificate showing the Dr. and hospital? He was born in August of 1961 which was 2 years after Hawaii became a state, why did he even have a "COLB"? If he was really born in Hawaii, there MUST be a "birth certificate" as well. Right?

Obama has NOT shown us that REAL birth certificate yet. The one the hospital filed supposedly. The one that gives us a way to verify his birth with a Dr's name and hospital name.

All we have is a form where the info was filled out by the parents. They could have said anything and it's still a legal document whether or not it's true.

There are a LOT of uanswered questions yet we are told to "forget about it"? Why? Why can't we get a copy of the original birth certificate, the Dr's name or even the hospital he was born at? Then ALL records could be checked immediately. Controversy over.

WHY don't we have that info? Anyone?

Update:

All Obama has to do is release which hospital he was born at and who the Dr was, why WON'T he??

Update 2:

Erin- How about READING my post before answering next time??

Update 3:

EVERYONE- look at your birth certificate, I guarantee it says the Dr, hospital and height/weight when you were born, why is NONE of this info on Obama's "official document"?

Update 4:

Planet his parents could have lied because they were unsure he was a citizen born out of the USA and they GAVE him the name! Of course they used it!!

Update 5:

ERIN- you lie! You DID read it!!!

20 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Many people do not understand how different a CERTIFICATION of Live Birth and a CERTIFICATE of Live birth are very different. Whats being looked for is the CERTIFICATE of Live Birth that we have never seen it may have information on it that can start the paper trail to either prove or disprove Obama's qualifications. Weither or not he has a CERTIFICATE of Live Birth in Hawaii is just soap opera stuff. Its all about the information that's on a CERTIFICATE of Live Birth, wherever it originates from.

The fact remains a democratic lawyer named Phillip Berg has been looking/asking for this information since before the election. Other lawyers too.

"COLB" is a mislead er. C ertificate O f L ive B irth and a C ertification O f L ive B irth share the same first letters C O L B

• 4 years ago

A quick follow-up to Friday’s post: Obama “Birther” Orly Taitz did indeed confront Chief Justice John Roberts at a forum at the University of Idaho-Moscow. From the Seattle Post-Intelligencer: At one point during the audience question period, Orly Taitz, a woman from Rancho Santa Margarita, Calif., said she had documents proving that President Obama was not born in the United States and thus could not be president. While audience members laughed, she said she had half a million signatures of people demanding the Supreme Court hear the matter. Roberts cut her off by saying that if she had documents with her, she should give them to security officers. He also said he could not discuss the issue. =========================== NO. Taitz CLAIMS what she thinks Roberts said. Lies spread like wildfire. And she is lying. Anyone with 1/3rd an ounce of sense? Any judge who reads any document given to him, outside of a court, relating to any case that is pending or might be pending.. would be removed from the bench. Her action in this situation verge on criminal, at least enough to get her disbarred. Of course, let me go back and count... HOW MANY OF YOU ARE TOO UNEDUCATED TO REALIZE WHAT SHE DID? AND WHY IT IS ILLEGAL?

• 1 decade ago

In my opinion, it's not nonsense.

Everybody, especially the Main Stream Media, want us to shut up.

I just watched O'Reilly and he even called this matter "absurd".

So has Ann Coulter.

I am shocked that they said that. Even Limbaugh has backed off.

Maybe they are afraid of what will happen if we find out for certain that Obama is NOT a natural born citizen.

The little evidence that we have and all of the unanswered questions certainly point that we are right in our beliefs. More and more Americans are questioning this and everyone in authority is wanting us to stop and be quiet.

I'm not gonna be quiet! So far--- we still have our right to free speech.

And the way things are going-------- I may just become a Lou Dobbs fan---never thought that possible.

Here's some websites you may or may not have seen:

http://www.thebirthers.org/

http://puzo1.blogspot.com/ My favorite <------(Kerchner v Obama)

http://www.wnd.com/

http://www.theobamafile.com/

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes, it is, and I'm not reading all the details in your question, because the entire issue is bull sh*t. All the proof has been submitted, it's in plain black and white, plenty of unbiased experts studied the document presented, and even the state of Hawaii, whose officials would be prosecuted under penalty of perjury, has attested that Obama was indeed born there. If you guys would be so kind as to leave this nonsense behind and focus on the REAL issues, that'd be great, mkay?

Edit: No, I'm not reading sh*t, because no one bothers to read any of the "facts" I give in my questions, so I don't have to bother to read any of the "facts" you give in yours. You guys have no true facts, none of you can pick out the truth from a pile of crap.

Edit again: And no, the doctor is not on my birth certificate.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes, it does.

One thing the birthers all seem to overlook is that IF Obama and/or some unknown force behind him went through the trouble of forging a Certificate of Live Birth why wouldn't they be smart enough to change his middle name? Surely if they could get 100 plus people in on a scam like that, then they would have been smart enough to know that his middle name would be problematic in America.

Source(s): .
  • 1 decade ago

We do not have that info because Obama has refused repeated calls to release publicly his entire Hawaiian birth certificate, which would include the actual hospital that performed the delivery. OVER 1 million dollars of taxpayer money has been used to keep this issue out of the supreme court. Obama has sealed his birth records, school and college records. This information should be displayed in the Library of Congress next to ALL other US presidents in history.

Orders revoked for Army warrior questioning Obama's birthplace

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=1...

Source(s): His birthplace is irrelevant at this point...the FACT that he denounced his US citizenship in order to attend the Indonesian school automatically makes him ineligible. He gave up is citizenship people.
  • 1 decade ago

Whether it is nonsense or not is immaterial. The courts are going to stay out of it for 2 reasons. They didn't get involved before the election/(the people voted). 2nd if they over turned the election now there would be race riots.

I wish to win on how bad his causes are not on a technicality the left is willing to do that. The conservatives are better than that!

• 1 decade ago

You see here's the thing. The birth certificate that he has, regardless of whether or not it's the one you want, is legal. That leaves the burden of proof on the birthers. It is now time for you guys to come up with a competing, Kenyan birth certificate. If you can't come up with the Kenyan birth certificate then you just need to STFU because you WILL LOSE. Not to mention you just continue to be a conservative freak show that is going nowhere.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Obama was born in Kazakhstan to a Martian father and an Earthling mother.

He became Muslim at age 12 and then went on a jihad to Jupiter where he converted aliens to Christianity along with President Roosevelt.

• 1 decade ago

It's only ridiculus because Obama lets it continue.

Why not just tell people he doesn't have a long form birth certificate and the state of Hawaii destroyed all the long form birth certificates when they automated birth certificates.

Instead he provides a certificate of birth, which basically says there is a birth certificate.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.