How do you feel about Michael Vick being conditionally reinstated by the NFL?

I'm a little steamed! We, as a country, sure set a good example for our children! Michael Vick, Mike Tyson, are just several "bad" examples. Here is what I know: "Michael Vick is back in the NFL. Now all he needs is a team to play for. Vick, free after serving 18 months in prison for... show more I'm a little steamed! We, as a country, sure set a good example for our children! Michael Vick, Mike Tyson, are just several "bad" examples.

Here is what I know:

"Michael Vick is back in the NFL. Now all he needs is a team to play for. Vick, free after serving 18 months in prison for running a dogfighting ring, was reinstated with conditions by NFL commissioner Roger Goodell on Monday. He could participate in regular-season games as early as October. Vick can immediately take part in preseason practices, workouts and meetings..... " This was from the AP.

So, what do you think? Should he be reinstated or given his walking papers? How do you feel about your children looking up to him as a "good" example? I, still feel, they should show him the door.

Be nice when answering, please and thank you. I would like some serious input.
Update: For all of you who have answered, I thank you for the good comments and insight. I want to let you know that I did not do the thumbs down. I respect your opinions and have given a thumbs up to you all. Again, thank you for answering in a respectful manner.

Eich
Update 2: ck1, I agree. Pete Rose sure did the time for betting. Somewhere in the neighborhood of 30 years..... He was caught betting. Vick was caught being cruel to animals.... 18 months. Sometimes the time doesn't fit the crime. There is something wrong with this picture.
Update 3: Ms. Lacuna, I like what your wrote. Good thoughts to mull over. TY
Update 4: Pyro Dog, I like what you said about it not being written in their contracts that they have to be role models. You are right! Maybe, it needs to be (my spin on that) stated in black and white what you can and can't do!!!!! Anyway, TY for your comments.
Update 5: More good, thoughtful answers. Thank you. More information to digest.
Update 6: Everyone who answered this question brought alot to the table. It's been hard picking BA so...... I have gone with the person with the most thumbs up. That's the fairest I can be. Thumbs up helped because there were MORE than 2 answers that deserved BA. Trying to decide was hard.........