#1 asked in SportsBaseball · 1 decade ago

Giants update what do u think?

the giants r considering six to eight bats names like

Josh Willingham, Nick Johnson, Aubrey Huff, Freddy Sanchez, Victor Martinez, Ryan Garko, Marco Scutaro, and Troy Glaus who do u think will the giants get out of these bats

My sources are

the San jose mercury news

San Francisco Chronicle

and mlbtraderumors.com

Favorite Answer

Freddy Sanchez and or a power bat.

Personally, I dont like any of the names mentioned above...except maybe, maybe, maaaaaybe Marco Scutaro. Even then, I think he's having a season that's beyond his typical expectation of play. He's a career .260 hitter who just happens to have a better than average amount of runs this year. It would basically be like Aaron Rowand 2.0. Sign a guy after his career best year and then overpay/watch him struggle for the duration of his contract. No thanks.

Sabean shouldnt force a trade for a "bat" when there are no "bats" left in the market. None of the above mentioned players represent an upgrade at their respective positions, except as I said, Scutaro...and trading him would mean eating Renteria's contract, again, no thanks.

Glaus is done. Johnson is a singles/doubles guy with not much speed. So he = LOB. Huff is the equivalent of Ishikawa, except he costs 7 1/2 million dollars more per year. Garko = no statistical improvement over Ish and Victor Martinez would be a platoon player at best with Bowker, Sadoval and Ishikawa already in the mix.

As much as I dont like Adam Dunn, I think he could actually flourish in SF. And if Sabes can package Lewis, Sanchez and a mid prospect, then I say do it. But, to say that they are shopping for a "big bat" and then give a list of names that average 15 HR's per season...are you kidding me? Just play out the rest of the year as is and give it a go in 2010.

This looks to be like a fairly boring trade deadline because almost 75% of the teams are still in contention and no one wants to admit that they are sellers instead of buyers.

If I was running the show, I'd go out and get a spark plug like David Eckstein and that's it. A good attitude and an "always hustle" mentality are very contagious come the 2nd half of the season.

Nick Johnson or Aubrey Huff.

As a Cardinals fan, I hope you get Willingham and Glaus, because we need the prospects for Glaus.

Source(s): Good luck to all teams!

I hope they stay away from Freddy Sanchez but i feel they will get Scutaro or Garko.

Source(s): Go Pirates!! Giants are goin down tonight!! We beat Lincecum once this year already

where did yoou read/get this info? and i think they should get nick johnson willingham or huff

they should get victor martinez