Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Protestants, Do you honestly believe Catholics worship the Virgin Mary?

or do you just say that to egg us on becasue you know it drives us crazy. You're just pushing our buttons, right?

If you do honestly believe it, where did you get that information?

Ahhh...PattyAnn = button pusher.

• Dylan
    Favorite Answer

Have you ever read a Chick Tract.

I have, as a Catholic I was surprised at the number of lies that can fit into one book.

Besides the "fact" that we worship Mary, the Vatican also has a "Secret Database" that has information on all of the protestants in the world. The Pope sent spies into the Arabian countries to create a new religion. Nazi Germany and The U.S.S.R. were controlled by the pope.

http://www.catholic.com/library/sr_chick_tracts_p1... - Sorry that article is a little long but it gives a thorough explanation of all of the lies of Jack Chick.

A lot of catholic people differ in opinion from the catholic church. I heard some survey talking about the citizens in Italy (so, there's big difference in the national culture as well) of who they pray for when they need help and among Christians, Christ ranked sixth! It's not the official stance of the church that any of the saints or even the "holy mother" are worshiped (although Mary does get a holiday of her own), but that doesn't change the practice in a lot of households especially south of the border where the cultural influences are different than around here. Of course that pendulum swings both ways, where a lot of practicing catholic people don't hold the church's doctrines in their heart (my hand is raised personally), but I was still confirmed as a catholic and in the sense that it's the Universal church I still count myself among it's members, but that doesn't mean that I count papal policy as the word of god. anyway, the point is that the doctrine of the church differs a lot from what the people actually practice, sometimes that good sometimes it's bad, but that doesn't change that I think that PattyAnn is definitely pushing your buttons :)

Yes they do they get this information from "Chick tracts Publications". It's sad that they think they are following Jesus but all they have to offer is just plain pure HATE. They are also taught to be anti Catholic by their pastors thus through PROPAGANDA their pastors get rich soon.

If you have seen or gone to any of their fellowship you will hear that all that their pastors speak about is Prosperity Gospels. One of their pastor by the name of Kenneth Copland tells the congregation that you have to give him money he is also the same person who fooled a lady who had cancer to give him her money so that she would be cured but the lady died.

Oral Roberts, is minting money at the people' cost "Sow your seed" as they will ALWAYS tell you. Benny Hinn has brought a plane at the congregations cost and calls it "The Vehicle Of God" This plane is reserved for him and his family. He has got so much money that he breaks LAPTOPS. Haggie another pastor DENIES the divinity of Jesus in his book "In defense of Israel".

The Catholic Church is the Church with a lot of members. So in order to get rich why won't their pastors teach them to go against the Catholic Church? They are made to think that the recitation of the Hail Mary is worshiping Mary.

You have an example right here on this thread. And this is coming supposedly from an ex-Catholic, I wonder if this person was anyway Catholic in the first place. They should know the difference between Worship and Veneration. If they knew the Bible they would know that the Hail Mary is in the Bible itself.

Here is a link to prove their idiocy:

http://nz.answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Au...

I'm a protestant and I don't believe that you worship the virgin Mary.

However, there are SOME Protestants who honestly believe that Roman Catholics worship the virgin Mary. I correct them but they ignore me.

BTW: The word catholic means universal, Roman Catholic refers to an actual Christian denomination.

• Sara

I don't think it's the old mainstream Protestant churches that spread that kind of thing. They've been around for centuries and know very well what Catholics believe.

I think it's coming from the same kind of folks who won't let their kids watch Harry Potter or dress up for Halloween. The ones who are so quick to condemn almost everyone else to Hell.

And Protestants would do well to revere the mother of Jesus. She raised up a fine Son!

Yes many people do throw stones at us over that, it's like they love the milk (new cannon) and not the cow (The Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church) who made it, we love Jesus our savior with all of our hearts, and we love all his brothers (those that do His Father's will>..includes Mary & the Saints). It's like when u get married, u marry into the family, and welcome them in your home, and ask them to pray for you. Prayer is not the same as worship: look it up people!! Luther himself believed in her perpetual virginity, and how we could not honor her enough. ex: an artist does not get upset when u admire the work of art he created.

When we pray the Rosary we are actually using scripture!! I wish ppl did their homework. Remember that Satan is the one who is Mary's enemy: don't let urself get driven by that. If you have doubts on any of this: look into the Ark in Samuel2. It stayed in Obededom's home for 3months and blessed it: as did Mary in Elizabeths home: and David says the same thing when his Lord's Ark comes to him, as does Elizabeth when the Mother of our Lord (Jesus& God) goes to her home: and David dances with joy as St. John the Baptist does in Elizabeth's womb, Christ is the word incarnate: MAry is the Ark of the New Covenant.

PROTESTANTS: ONLY THE DEVIL PROTESTED.

Mary said YES!

Why do you ask your Pastor to pray for you? Does he not then intercede for you in prayer to Jesus? Read Revelations: where the prayers of the riotous are take to God.

And I love the KING JAMES BIBLE VERSION 1611 =) it says St. Mark, St. Luke, St. John etc, and the language is very good for defending our Holy Catholic Faith =)

Love you all....seek the truth is our responsibility...once we find it we are to unite ourselves with it.

i love how in their race to attack catholics, they never notice the prayer called the hail mary is right from the gospel of luke, and is a scripture based welcome by elizabeth

so few women get to say anything in the bible, i'm glad the hail mary is out there

they try to make it sound like heil hitler or something

Source(s): i like catholics and people who play fair
  • john w

They know quite well that Catholics don't worship the Virgin Mary, but claim so because they are utterly unable to refute true Catholic teaching.

In other words, they are deperate to prove themselves right, even if it means spreading lies.

As a former Catholic I know it is worship to pray to Mary.

I am amazed at the playing with words that so many Catholics do when denying an obvious act of worship.

"Praying through" Mary!

How can praying to God be an act of worship and praying to Mary not be? The same question applies to praying to "saints"?

They confuse "revere" with "worship." But, to be fair, I know plenty of Catholics, independant of the fact that the Catholic religion teaches otherwise, who worhsip Mary and the Saints.