Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBaseball · 1 decade ago

Which of these current players future HOFers?

David Ortiz

Joe Mauer

Torri Hunter

Vlad Guerrerro

Joe Mauer

Justin Morneau

Jason Varitek

Ichiro

Josh Beckett

21 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Mauer, Hunter, Ichiro, and Beckett

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

The only surefire HOF is Ichiro

Ichiro will probably reach 3000 hits if he continues to stay healthy and he was a great player overseas. He has set records for the number of hits in his first seasons and holds the record for most hits in a season. In addition, he has an MVP and ROY award and was part of the best team (record) in baseball ever.

Vladimir Guerrero, his numbers are solid, but he is starting to slow down. If he reaches 500 home runs he will be in the HOF, but if his numbers continue to decline then he is a classic borderline guy, but in my mind he would be on the wrong side of the fence.

Joe Mauer, it is far too early to decide I mean even if I speculate that he puts up the numbers he has for another 10 years that wouldn't merit the HOF. I believe has the talent, but there is no way of knowing at this point.

Justin Morneau see above, but he doesn't have the same potential as Mauer does I believe.

Torii Hunter regardless of his fielding numbers has pedestrian offensive numbers, and there have only been a few players who have earned HOF consideration because of fielding alone. There is no way he make the cut.

Jason Varitek, if the Red Sox win 4 more World Series before he retires he would make it, but considering that I don't think that will happen then no he is not a HOFer.

Josh Beckett would have to continue to display postseason dominance for the rest of his career like has to merit consideration because his numbers will probably be too similar to other non-members.

• Connor
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Joe Mauer -- too early to tell. First off, he has to play ten years. It's highly likely, though, as he's already the only catcher with multiple batting titles.

Ichiro -- Again, has to play ten years, but yes.

Vladimir Guerrero - Yes

Jason Varitek - No

Beckett and Morneau are too early to tell.

Hunter? Well, if you look at the fielding, power, speed, postseason, and career numbers -- he's definitely on-pace. But his OBP (.329), which will only drop in future years, makes it a probably not. Never was one of the absolute bests.

Ortiz is an interesting case. Over four years, he average .304/.408 with 94 XBH, 108 walks, 118 runs, 47 homeruns, 144 RBI per 162 games.

A fantastic postseason, and four times in the top three for homeruns with an OBP title.

But, in actuality, those were really his only good years.

If he can get back up to .280/.355 with 25-35 homeruns, 100+ RBI, 35 2B, and 100+ runs scored for the next five or so seasons, he'll probably make it.

• 1 decade ago

David Ortiz- NO

Joe Mauer- Maybe

Torri Hunter- No

Vlad Guerrerro- Maybe...

Joe Mauer- again... maybe

Justin Morneau- Maybe, probly not though

Jason Varitek- No

Ichiro- Yes

Josh Beckett- yes

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Ichiro for sure. I believe Guerrero will get in as well.

David Ortiz had a few good / great years, but I'm just not sure he did it for a long enough period of time. He's going to have to tack on a few more of those 35 hr, 120 rbi, .300 ba seasons to get in.

Beckett, Varitek, Hunter...not at this point.

Mauer and Morneau...way too early to tell. I think both are on the right track right now...but it's still very early in their careers.

• 1 decade ago

Mauer if he can keep up the good BA.

Hunter maybe, only if he improves his batting numbers a little more, because he's an awesome fielder.

Ichiro because he brought to light the talent overseas. He has great stats and in a way represents Japanese baseball.

Beckett, maybe, depends on if he can keep going strong for a good 4-5 more years.

• 1 decade ago

Ichiro for sure.

Joe Mauer, if he can continue dominance for another 12 to 15 years.

The others are all very good players and perhaps in time will be voted in, but none of them are slam-dunks.

Vlad has the best chance.

• 1 decade ago

Hunter. Guerrero. Ichiro.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

David Ortiz- no maybe the 500 club

Joe Mauer- no

Torri Hunter- no

Vlad Guerrerro- maybe.. needs to step up his game

Joe Mauer- u said this already

Justin Morneau- no.. 1 MVP wont win it

Jason Varitek- no

Ichiro- maybe china's hall of fame but not USA's

Josh Becket- maybe.. lets wait for his career to end

None of these players really..

• 1 decade ago

All have chances, but Ichiro, Beckett, and Maybe Guerrerro will make it for sure.

The rest need to keep up what they are doing, and then they will all have chances.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.