Club Nights….do Black people tip?

Why do SOME White people have a conceive notion that Blacks don’t tip?

I was with two of my Asian friends at a bar in Scottsdale for a few drinks a few month ago. I bought the 1st round when we got there. We were pretty much drinking the same thing all night, 2 crown and cokes and one patron and pineapple. When my friend got the second round, I noticed that piece sh** of a bar tender I had charged a whole two extra dollars for the same drinks. I would have confronted the guy, but he ordered his drinks from a different bartender. When I said something to my friend who happens to be a well known club owner/ promoter he just laughed as if it wasn’t a big deal and said, “your were charged more because he thought you weren’t going to tip him, they do that **** all the time”…I was pissed off because I gave the guy four dollars and my friend who was Asian gave him 2 bucks.

Then he went on to tell how the club owner who is across the street charges 12-16 for one round of Hennessey because he doesn’t like Black people. I just brushed it off because I was drinking and didn’t want to make a big deal over 4-6 dollars, but you better believe I will not be going back there to spend my money.

People of Color get TAXED on the nights they go out vs. the nights Whites do. We get charged minimum $10-20 just to park, $10-20 to get in and the drinks are more higher…or they will do you like they did me and charge you gratuity on top of drink. You can go to the same club on a night when they are playing top 20 and the crowed is all White and get in free, drink specials all night and park your car for free.

I always tip; I have worked in the industry so I know how it is. Even when I go to restaurants and get bad service I will never stiff someone…I will go and ask for a different server before I do that. I normally tip a little above 15%, if it’s good service I’ll give them 20%, poor service you just get 15%.

Favorite Answer

I feel where you're coming from. I hate it when people assume black people don't tip because I tip A LOT depending on my service. I also noticed that they don't treat you as well if they think you aren't going to tip anything and you never know who you're serving. There's been times where I've been willing to tip a lot but the service was so awful that I didn't bother tipping as much as I would have. I usual tip about 5 bucks for myself each time I go out to eat because I don't think 15% is much money, even if I'm with others but that's if I'm treated like a decent customer. Thank you for opening my eyes because I've never noticed anything like this at the bars I've gone to but from now on I'm going to pay closer attention to my receipts. What they did to you was pretty much a form of discriminating and I don't blame you.

Sofresh and Sunshine you two didn't read all of it, did u?

Ummm I asked a question like this before, but it was more like why don't black people give tips. Im a waitress and it really upsets me because most of the ones that come in are so rude to me. Im really polite, i say please and thank you, and i could never find a reason.

Im sure not all do, but all the ones that came in to the restaurant left me only like 2 dollars for a 30 dollar bill. Its really devastating.

Club Nights….do Black people tip?

I am black and DO NOT go to night clubs and I don't see a reason to tip. You often generalize when asking questions that is a broad question. "do Black people".

In fact, one day we will shut down all night clubs, saloons, ban alcohol, ban drugs, ban guns, ban all obscene businesses, and if anyone resist you will be shot in public. Revolution starts RIGHT HERE on this paragraph and goes on.

Society must be policed.

I was actually going to ask that question today, I think the notion is beyond far-fetched, or at least for me and my family. Today, we went out for dinner to our regular restaurant we love to dine at, and it seems as if this certain waiter enjoy's to wait on us and he caters to us really good (White guy). He gives us good conversation and pay's special attention to us, I've noticed. He hooks us up really good. Lately, I've been paying attention to the way we tip, and I saw the amount my father tipped and today I finally realized why they treat us as good as they did. All of the waiters and waitresses have taken good care of us and it seems natural for us to pay for that service, I know I love to give a good tip for a good server. I don't have any source of income, but when I go out with the girls, I tip no less than $5.

Source(s): Black Chick!
  • laura

good service get tips, bad service try me again next week.[whoever begs for tips or take tips without waiting for me gets the finger]

I'm Hispanic, and I sometimes tip if and when I get good service. But its actually none of your business if people do or don't tip.

• whats with this question? do you guys observe black people like a rare bird lol

Because a good portion of them don't. It is what it is and I'm not saying you all don't but lots of you don't.

• Shut up.

Your a jerk...why would you even ask such a dumb azz question.

"do black people tip"

with the f@ck do you sound like?

THEY DO NOT.

Source(s): i went to bartending school awhile back just to see what the money is like in bartending. all my white friends got jobs downtown. i got a job in a black bar/nightclub. my white friends was making 100 bucks a night in tips i was making 0 dollars. no joke i also drove a cab for a lil while (hey i am constantly hustling lol) lets just say black folk never tipped me once while white folks was giving me mo tips than a bucket of rib tips