Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsRunning · 1 decade ago

what does the average Mens college cross country runner run?

I want to know how many miles they do for practice in a week, how many miles are meets, and what is the average time in meets. I want to see if i might be able to run in college.

Favorite Answer

Going to any Division 2, 3 or NAIA school pretty much guarantees that you can run on the team there.

At my NAIA university we trained with 60-100 miles a week depending on the time of the season.

For the meets we ran 8K which is 40 meters short of 5 miles.

And the times range from 24 minutes to over 30 minutes depending on ability and age.

If you really want to run in college you should be training during the summer on your own. getting miles in during the summer is probably the most important training you can do for college cross country. Anywhere from 30-60 miles a week would be awesome.

Hope to see you competing at the collegiate level someday! Let me know how things go for you and if you need any other help.

Source(s): 4 years of running in college on scholarship

It depends but your generally running 6 to 9 miles per day and doing speedwork 2 to 3 times a week and sometimes doing double workouts. XC is generally 5 miles in college however distances can differ depending by region. Most runners run in the 5 minute to 6 minute mile pace for a 10K. Don't worry some runners just practice with the team or you can join a track club for fun! Good luck!

• tracie

it depends...