Would an American person like kazakhstan?

I am part Kazakh but I've been in the U.S. my whole life. I have been looking for maybe a different place to live and Almaty seems like a great place. Would a westerner enjoy this or is the culture there too different?

Favorite Answer

I am from Kazakhstan.

First of all the person above is just a retard. It is such a stereotype, and a cliche, when people talk about Kazakhstan to add something about Borat. OK, now about your question. It all depends on you. First of all what is your age, status, interests, e.t.c. However, there are so many Americans and Westerns here, so you will fit in. Now, do you want to stay permanently or just for few years? Do you one to start a bussiness here? Do you have relatives in Almaty? You have to answer all those questions first before deciding moving. However, Almaty itself is a really nice city. Of course it is not as developed as NYC, London, or even Moscow, but comparing to other cities in the world it is quite progressed. The city itself is big, about 2 mil. or more, I'm not sure. Now it all depends on how much money you make. If you earn less than 100k $ annually, I don't really think, you will have a good time in Almaty. Almaty is a quite expensive town. Household, transport, recreation are expensive, even during the world crisis. Almaty used to be as expensive as L.A, and that is quite ridiculous. Now, if you will have a good salary, then I will think you will like it here, as personally, I think you can live anywhere with a good salary. However, coming here waiting to fit in the society is risky chance you would take, as the culture here is so different, that you would have to live ages here to adapt. Well, I think that's enough. I can't really say much without knowing details, but I guess that's personal. Cheers!

Watch the movie BORAT.... it tells u all u need to know about Kazakhstan.