What are some good quotes i could turn into art.. maybe celebrity quotes or love quotes?

• Jo W
    Favorite Answer

“Love hurts, love scars, love wounds, and mars.” - Roy Orbison

“Love hurts more than hate.” - Michael Todd

“Though lovers be lost love shall not.” - Dylan Thomas

“Came but for friendship, and took away love.” - Thomas Moore

“Love me when I least deserve it, because that's when I really need it.” - Swedish Proverb

“If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.” - A. A. Milne

“For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.” - Judy Garland

“True love always makes a man better, no matter what woman inspires it” - Alexandre Dumas Père

“I have found that if you love life, life will love you back.” - Arthur Rubinstein

“Friendship often ends in love; but love in friendship - never.” - Charles Caleb Colton

“Woman reaches love through friendship; man reaches friendship through love” - Mohammed Hijazi

“You're my sweetheart to the max. I love you like Crispy Critters.” - Wesley Willis

"[A]s long as you're comfortable it feels like freedom." ~Billy Bragg

"At no time is freedom of speech more precious than when a man hits his thumb with a hammer." ~Marshall Lumsden

"A censor is a man who knows more than he thinks you ought to." ~Granville Hicks

"Americans used to roar like lions for liberty; now we bleat like sheep for security." ~Norman Vincent Peale

"I think my government are fascists. I feel that if we don't change from a society that worships money and power over to one that worships compassion and generosity, there is no hope for human survival this century." ~Hunter (Patch) Adams (~0h:07:0s) http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4517809180...

"We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light." ~Plato

"How many legs does a dog have if you call the tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg." ~Abraham Lincoln

"All experiments show that with ever closer inspections, the mathematicians, 'straight' lines become obviously ever less straight." ~Buckminster Fuller

"You need only reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence." ~Charles Austin Beard

"The end of the human race will be that it will eventually die of civilization." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803 - 1882)

"...one teacher allowed a girl to fall from the flying rings because he did not dare catch ["touch"] her." ~Dr Bill Glaser

"If God thought that nudity was OK, we would have been born naked." ~Unknown, possibly from a GTA Vice City radio station

"We lavish on animals the love we are afraid to show to people. They might not return it; or worse, they might." ~Mignon McLaughlin

"Reason tells us that money will not buy happiness; passion says it will. Reason tells us virtue is its own reward; passion demands more. Reason tells us passion wil be our undoing; passion replies that reason is cold and dead. Both seem to speak truth, so we listen to both, and remain neurotic." The Neurotic's Notebook ~Mignon McLaughlin

Edit: forgot the love quotes.

"When childhood dies, its corpses are called adults and they enter society, one of the politer names of hell. That is why we dread children; even if we love them, they show us the state of our decay." ~Brian W. Aldiss

"The deepest need of man is to overcome his separateness. To leave the prison of his aloneness. The absolute failure of this aim means insanity." ~Erich Fromm

"Renee Spitz (1946/1965) documented that infants isolated in cribs with little or no physical contact and physical affection can die from an emotional wasting away, which he called marasmus, even though medical and physical care were normal."~James W. Prescott, "The Origins of Love & Violence: An Overview" Ph.D., 28 March 2002

"Looking back, I have this to regret, that too often when I loved, I did not say so." ~David Grayson

"Do you want me to tell you something really subversive? Love is everything it's cracked up to be. That's why people are so cynical about it. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for. And the trouble is, if you don't risk everything, you risk even more." ~Erica Jong

"Cuando el amor no es locura, no es amor." ~De La Barca

Source(s): (good luck with your art)

"You can't teach anybody anything, only make them realize the answers are already inside them."

-- Galileo

The best things in life...aren`t things..

• Kai

"he who hesitates is lost"

or

"carpe noctem"- seize the night

• jay_d

LoVe is... painful!

Love is..sinful!

Love is..betrayel

Love is..unfaithful!

n yet we all fall in love...