Why do the people in North Korea dont just revolt against Kim il sung?

This guy makes me Angry and i want him dealt with ><

22 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

The main reason why the North Koreans refrain from revolting against Kim Il Sung and Kim Jong Il is because the population of North Korea is indoctrinated as children to believe that Kim Il Sung is "god-like." The propaganda affiliate in Pyongyang frequently publishes otherworldly stories about the Kim family possessing supernatural powers and abilities. The North Korean population is also addressed the consequences of defacing or abusing government property, so the act of mistreating the portraits of Kim Jong Il and Kim Il Sung is considered an abominable crime in North Korea, which can send an entire family to a labor camp. Out of fear, the citizens of the DPRK (Democratic Peoples Republic of Korea) worship the leader with minimal dissension. Although many North Koreans follow the stringent laws, some cause disruption and are immediately transported to prison camps/labor camps.

I hope that this answer is beneficial. [=

• 1 decade ago

Maybe they DONT WANT to revolt against him!

"This guy makes me Angry and i want him dealt with"

Do you suppose the pakistanis and iraqis who are getting bombed by obama or were getting bombed by bush have the right to feel this way?

What has north korea done to you lately? Does noth korea have 30,000 of its soldiers on the canadian border aiming their arms at us? Nope... If anything, they should be mad at US for having 30,000 soldiers with weapons on their border.

• ATJ
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

The 67-year-old Kim, who reportedly suffered a stroke last year, is said to be grooming "Brilliant Comrade" Jong Un, the youngest of his three sons, to succeed him. Jong Un reportedly studied at the International School in Berne, Switzerland, in the 1990s, and is said to be proficient in English.

Grandiose titles are part of a tradition to stimulate public support in a nation where the media is tightly controlled and little information about the inner workings of the government is available. The leader is given credit for most national projects. The state media carry endless flattering reports about Kim, repeatedly referring to him with his various titles of which "Dear Leader" is the most prominent. I guess you can compare it to the Obama mania in this country the followers ask no questions they just believe whar rhe gov. controlled media tells them.

• 1 decade ago

If they do Kim Jung Il will use his power and have the revolt eliminated. Plus a lot are brainwashed by their propaganda and would die for their leader. That country is just messed up.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • xg6
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

North Korea is a closed society where people are force fed propaganda, with no access to outside news or facts. There is no way for the citizens to know what freedom or democracy is, only what their communist leaders tell them, so how do they even know that they are being mistreated.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

the same reason you wouldn't if you were living there.You would be afraid to die. They have never had freedom and do not know anything except what their government tells them .China is the same.so is Russia but not quite as bad as most dictatorial countries are you have them in South America also.

• 1 decade ago

Kim Il Sung died about 15 years ago.

• 1 decade ago

It's a dictatorship. Also, it's very insulated and controlled. For a better idea of what happens to people who dissent in these countries--look at Iran. Also, remember, N.Ko nabbed two American journalists claiming they were spying. They were sentenced to hard labor in labor camps there. Dissent is a crime in these countries.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Because he has been dead for 15 years

His son, Kim Jong Il, rules with an iron fist and the people have no weapons to resist him with

• NSA
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

You got the name wrong. But the citizens are under the control of a Police State.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.