cody asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 decade ago

Why do millionaires commit suicide?

do you think its because they made money for all the wrong reasons (just for validation perhaps), do you think its because they could never be satisfied with the amount of money they had (no matter how rich they got it was never good enough), or do you think it has nothing to do with their money? Whatever you think let me know

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

It could be all, one, a combination, or a completely different answer. There is no one answer to it, but I think that they work all their lives to get money and they get to the point where you don't need to work anymore and so can finally "enjoy" your money, but by then youth has passed them by and all the real joys of life have gone like partying and friends. They figure they're too old for that stuff and so try to buy their happiness and then finally realize their life was just a waste.

• 1 decade ago

Happiness and fulfillment has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with money or things. People usually commit suicide because they feel hopeless, worthless and empty with no future. Money doesn't fix any of that. People who don't have millions of dollars have a hard time understanding that, because there is this naive belief that a lot of people have that money would make everything in their lives just fine. Wealthy people have personal, relational, emotional problems just like other people do. And they sometimes feel hopeless enough to take their own lives.

Source(s): Licensed professional counselor.
  • 7 years ago

because by having all they finally understand that life is meaningless

• 1 decade ago

Because money can't always solve problems with loneliness and can't replace human interactions and genuine affection. A lot of millionaires also abuse prescription drugs and other narcotics and end up getting hooked which could either end up killing them or send them spinning with withdrawals if they find themselves without it.

But I don't think that the suicide rate among millionaires is actually that high... and I would like to see the statistics if there are any.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ajal
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

I think poor and miserable people with no way out do commit suicide MORE...as for those very Rich they realize they CANT have more or better and still they cant feel happy nor enjoy and end up LONELY and broke at the inside,also you never sure who your friends are and why they like you???or they are on drugs,like MJ was....

• 1 decade ago

Because they figure out they are not happy after all their hard work and become even more sad than in the beginning...a lot of them would forget to appeciate the simple things in life because they live in the complicated world of money.

• 1 decade ago

So many people think that money is happiness, when a person obtains millions of dollars they go nuts thinking they will be happy, and then they aren't satisfied, so they obtain more and more money until they drive themselves insane.

• 1 decade ago

unhappy people think that by getting rich they'll become happy when they are rich theyre still unhappy because material things NEVER bring happiness NEVER only pleasure since happiness is something much more deeper (i will not get into that right now lol)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

maybe because they have nothing to crave and work for anymore, and all of the sudden their life becomes meaningless? or maybe because everyone sees only their money, and not their personalities and don't appreciate them for who they really are?

• Elle
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

I don't know why and I don't really care to tell you the truth.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.