Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsOther - Electronics · 1 decade ago

What does a 100 Watt subwoofer sound like?

Sorry, im not good with electronics all all that. but how good will a 100 watt subwoofer sound? Is the bass going to be good? what are the subwoofers like on the home theater sysyems?

Okaaayyy,,, well then I should probably say that the subwoofer that I am talking about is built into a gaming chair. That's what I'm getting. That's why I was wondering. It has 4 speakers built in, and then a subwoofer.

Favorite Answer

It sounds kind of like a 200 w but somewhat different but not dissimilar to a 50 w or 150 w.

• corbo

100 Watt Subwoofer

watts only describes peak or sustained power, it has nothing to do with sound quality.

these cheap home theaters in a box.. well expect what you pay for. They can play loud, but the sound quality is average. The subwoofer boxes are cheap, plastic that flexes a lot. These types of systems are the bottom on the barrel in the sound quality department.

but, if you are on a budget, it blows away the little cheap speakers on a TV.

Don't worry about watts, they all play loud. And to double the sound level, you must increase the watts by 10 times. A doubling of power is only a 3db increase. So just focus on brand, features and price.