For how many years have you been watching your favorite soap opera?

Here's mine

Passions- 2002-2007 (5 years)

Days of our Lives - since 2003 (6 years)

I only used to watch DOOLS to kill the time before Passions came on, but it really grew on me, and now I watch it ever day.

Favorite Answer

13 years eastenders! lol ever since i was born and thats a truth theres vids of me watching it while my mums bottle feeding me!

I've been watching Neighbours since I was about 13 so that's about 16 years. I've been watching Eastenders for about 8/9 years and Hollyoaks for about 4/5 years.

• mysti

Even though my Mom always watched the CBS soaps like As The World Turns and Guiding Light, I never got interested in those. But the summers I spent with my grandmother...way back in mid 70's...I got hooked on All My Children because that's what she watched. And by the mid 80's I was into One Life To Life and (sort of) General Hospital. But back in those dark ages we didn't have DVRs and SoapNet or even internet, so if we wanted to keep up with our soaps, we had to talk about it "at the water cooler" at work or on the phone with friends. So it was hard for me to watch them in the 80's because of school, 8-5 jobs and babies...but I managed to keep up. All My Children has been my all-time fav and I keep up with it even when it's not good.

AMC was my first soap spring of 1970- I have watched it on and off over the last 39 yrs

OLTL and GH since 1971 ( I missed some in the late 80's due to jobs but have "followed' it more or less since I started

Days - on and off since the mid 80's ( not really watching since marlena/john and steve/kayla were fired

and GL since about the late 90's ( but quit watching it more or less about 2 yrs ago- now just the occasional viewing)

Day's-13 years 96-now,OLTL-6 months (almost 7) 2008 -now ,AMC-1 week now,Passion's -5 years -past 2002-2007 ,B&B- 4 months 2008-late 08,Guiding light- 1 year 2008-early 09,Y&R- 2009-recent all of those were or is my favorite soap operas (I've watched almost every soap on air in America ,the only one I haven't is ATWT)

I have been watching General Hospital since 1993. I watched Santa Barbara before that and it was taken off the air.

• I've been watching AMC and OLTL for as long as I can remember. My mom started watching them in 1977 when she had my brother and I came along three years later. When I was little, I remember watching them with her in the evening. They grew on me and I continued to record and watch them in college and even now.

• Hamish

I started watching Coronation Street over 40 years ago with my Gran and now I`m still watching it with my 16 year old Grandson.

• c c

I watched General Hospital with my grandmother waaaay back when - probably 1975 or so. Luke had a full head of hair!

I have watched All My Children since college (1983)

I've watched my fave soaps on and off since the 80's

• John

I have been watching Days of our Lives pretty much since 1993 (when I wasn't in school). But watching every day since 1999.