My daughter is having separation issues at bed time?

Lately my 5month old doesnt want to sleep alone in her room she wants me to cuddle her till she is tired but, tonight she didnt want that so I brought her plan pen in my bed room and turned out the light w/tv on she started to play and then fell alseep what could be causing this?

Lately my 5month old doesnt want to sleep alone in her room she wants me to cuddle her till she is tired but, tonight she didnt want that so I brought her plan pen in my bed room and turned out the light w/tv on she started to play and then fell alseep what could be causing this? Its not that the crying is the issue most of the time thats how she goes night night but lately its more screams till she cant breath nothing will sooth her and we have been busy can that be it? Just the last 2 nights have not been her normal

Try rocking her to sleep in her own bedroom. Every child goes through that...just make sure you are teaching her that her room is where she sleeps. If she is waking in her crib and only sleeping in your room then your best bet is to lay her in her crib and let her cry herself to sleep. It is very hard to do but trust me...it won't hurt her and bedtime will be a lot more peaceful for both of you if you try this for about three or four nights. Consistency is the best and if it bothers you to hear the crying walk outside for a few minutes or so. They only learn what you teach them and just because you let her cry does not mean you don't love her. I had to do the same with my son and eventually bedtime was so pleasant...I was even able to read to him and say prayers and kiss him goodnight with no problem.

I don't have kids but I like to watch the tv show "The Nanny" sometimes. From what I gather the parent must be consistent. You have to keep a regular bed time schedule and you can't come in to 'rescue' her ever. It might take 30 minutes or several nights of hearing her cry for you, which I know would be painful, but the only way to solve it is to be consistent (ignore the crying every time), let her cry until she falls asleep. Eventually she will be able to be consistent in going to bed on her own at the same time every night.

between 4-6 months, babies REALLY become aware of their surroundings...plain and simple, she likes mommy and she knows you're not there when she goes to bed in her room. its most likely just a phase, but the best thing to do is hold firm to her normal bed time routine. trust me its hard she'll fight and cry and make you feel horrible, just got to let them fuss it out a little sometimes...im a mother of two and trust me, if you give in to the bed time wars they'll be sleeping with you till they're ten lol

Just put the kid to bed and she will be ok, I have a 3year old. My wife had issues with wanting to run in and get her every time she cried. I told her that she is ok and will be ok, the crying will only build up lung strength and when she gets older it will be easier to put to her to bed with out problems.

i think its just a matter of her being 5 months old. many children sleep with their parents for a few years before they feel brave enough to sleep alone.