Oil Leak under my car?

Ok I have a 1997 Pontiac Firebird v6 3.8 Engine it has about 137,000

miles on it

And it has a oil drip under the car and drips after the car is shut off ...

the drip is right under the engine ... something loose or old?

solutions ?

It is under the oil pan im guessing it has oil on it ...

so the pan might be loose?

Favorite Answer

Where it could be leaking from is either the oil pan or the valve cover gaskets . For me to determine this I would have to look at the car . But you could go under the car see if you see a lot of oil around the oil pan if you do a lot of times if you tighten the bolts a little more it solves this issue . If the valve covers leak well your going to see a mess by the covers solution is oil honey , a oil thickener ...

Source(s): Parts Mgr

Oil Leak Under Car

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Oil Leak under my car?

miles on it

solutions ?

Source(s): oil leak car: https://tr.im/7qnu8

There's just way too many possibilities to diagnose the cause of an oil leak without actually looking at the car, you need to go get it checked out.

Drill baby drill, you might be richer than you ever imagined. Mo money, mo money and mo money. Private jets, Hollywood models and sports cars and a mansion. Congratulation. Some people have all the luck.

Of course it could be from the overflow tube if you recently had the oil changed.

Source(s): T. Boone Pickpockets

Probably leaking from your oil pan. check your drain plug and oil filter for leaks.

well its under your engine. its an oil leak. have you had it serviced? try seeing if the oil pan is loose and the oil isnt dropping into the pan after the car shuts off. that has happened to me in my 69 olds cutlass

could be the valve cover gaskets hopefully or the rear main seal and that's a lot of work.

I use oil thickener, put in one of them, or engine honey, whatever to thicken the oil and it really slows it down.

one time I had the oil sender unit leaking down by the oil pan, that could be it.

could be a number of things first check the oil pan drain release or bolt could be the oil pan gasket or the oil filter was tightened too much or not enough.

You answered your own question, definitely something loose, worn or old. It could be a seal needs to be replace with NEW, or could be a leaky hose or oil pan...Needs attention immediately.

Source(s): Knowledge and Experience