is it unhealthy to lose a pound a day?

I've been really lazy lately therefore haven't eaten much. The past three days I've lost a pound each day. I think you're supposed to lose that much in a week? But, I'm just not hungry or too lazy too chew :P

Update:

Another thing. I'm actually enjoying it :o

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

yes it is unhealthy, normal weight loss for someone who is trying to loose weight is 2 lbs a week. and your not trying so yeah you need to eat more...try eating little meals/snacks throughout the day (less chewing :) ) and you don't have to eat a whole lot in one sitting. p.s. it is normal for body weight to fluctuate sometimes especially in your teen years.

• 1 decade ago

Yes, it is very unhealthy. That means that you are burning at least 3500 more calories than you are taking in, since one pound is 3500 calories. It would be safe to lose 1 pound in maybe a few days, but not 1. I'm 14, and I'm trying to lose weight, but losing 1-2 pounds a week. Well, attempting to lose.

• 4 years ago

relies upon on what you weigh now. walking is great workout for helping your food recurring to get the burden off. you have approximately 4 a million/2 months, and could lose as much as two pounds each week on a life like food recurring - fowl, fish, veggie burgers, decrease potatoes, pasta & bread, pork, have 5 culmination/vegetables an afternoon, 6 glasses water, 3 could be sugar unfastened/caffeine unfastened delicate beverages, coffee, tea. you are able to desire to lose 4-5 the 1st week. in case you're actually not already on a life like food recurring, yet commence July 19, by skill of December a million you are able to desire to lose 5 + (19x2) = 40 3 lbs. possibly 3 pant sizes. stable luck.

• 1 decade ago

sounds unhealthy. just eat 3 meals a day. if your trying to lose weight then its good that your doing it so easy but u should eat to get the nutrients your body needs to survive

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Depends how you do it.. my wife is trying it the natural way after reading how Rachel Ray does it on http://rachelrayblogging.com/ Good Luck!!

• 1 decade ago

I'd say it's very unhealthy! Try eating, If that doesn't work, see a doctor!

Source(s): Come on, Theres pie the fridge, You know you want it!
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yes

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.