Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 decade ago

When should I take a pregnancy test? (:?

My period due date is the 26th, I guess it's technically the day, should I wait for a certin time or would taking it now or later make a difference?

Favorite Answer

2 weeks after you did it !

For it to really work take it after your first missed period, If it says your not but still didn't get your period wait a week then take another test. Also when taking the test for the best result make sure you take it when you first get up in the morning. Hope this helps!

• Britt

Well I have heard you should wait 24 hours after your period should start. If you get a negative then and still no period wait a couple more days or even a week and test again.

you could take some test 4 days sooner but its always better to wait for the day your period is do or after!! if your period doesnt show then i would try to test again a little later because every other day your hcg hormone increases

well my cycle usually comes on the first or the 3rd of every month I got pregnant at the beginning of this year January 7th and took a pregnancy test February 2nd and 3rd both came back positive Just make sure you take it in the morning first pee that's when the pregnancy hormone is highest. GOOD LUCK!

i would say wait a few days and if it comes out negative take another about 2 or 3 days later that way you can be sure and not worry about it anymore. I wish you the best =)

• Take it in the morning with your first pee of the day.

The hormones that the test looks for are more concentrated in the morning with your first pee of the day.

Does it make a difference really? I'm not sure. I just know that the directions all recommend that.

When I tested it was in the afternoon though ... and it still worked fine.

The day of and the day after your missed period are the most effective. if you take a test and it's negative, wait 2 days to test again. hcg DOUBLES every 48 hours

Your hormone levels are higher when you wake up. I'd wait until you are at least a day late. You wouldn't want to waste a test if you start.

i would wait about a week after you should have started. this gives a little time if your just late. relax, remember stress causes irregular periods as well...

Good luck