Quiet people: Doesn't it tick you off when other people tell you your quiet?

Favorite Answer

It used to, especially in elementary school. It made me feel like I should be ashamed of it. Now that I am older I realize and have accepted it's just apart of my character and there are many other people like me.

Yes, people say that to me all the time and it used to bother me until I started jokingly saying - Yeah I know we could use more people like me huh? They usually laugh and I just smile and nod along but sometimes I'm really serious.

• tmb

yes, i get annoyed with it. i'm not ashamed of being quiet but alot of people make it seem like it's a bad thing. i just tell people that it's just how i am.

No it ticks me off because some say I am not as innocent as I look. I am up to something or assume something negative about me.

YES SO THEN I START YELLING AT THEM LIKE THIS.

But in all seriousness I agree with the person that it makes you feel a bit ashamed. Though I don't have to deal with it now that I'm more outgoing.

Yes, people have also on numerous occasions asked me if I was mute.

It is extremely annoying for people to say that. But at least I am not invisible.

I'm quit til I get to know people. But I'm proud of it.Being loud is not lady like.

• Yes. I'm like, "So? I just listen to everyone else and learn more about them than if I were to talk to them."

I hate it so much. This just happened to me today when I went by my brother's house.

• no. I think we were given two ears and one mouth for a reason. we should be listening twice as much as talking.