Quiet people: Doesn't it tick you off when other people tell you your quiet?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

It used to, especially in elementary school. It made me feel like I should be ashamed of it. Now that I am older I realize and have accepted it's just apart of my character and there are many other people like me.

• 1 decade ago

Yes, people say that to me all the time and it used to bother me until I started jokingly saying - Yeah I know we could use more people like me huh? They usually laugh and I just smile and nod along but sometimes I'm really serious.

• tmb
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

yes, i get annoyed with it. i'm not ashamed of being quiet but alot of people make it seem like it's a bad thing. i just tell people that it's just how i am.

• 1 decade ago

No it ticks me off because some say I am not as innocent as I look. I am up to something or assume something negative about me.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

YES SO THEN I START YELLING AT THEM LIKE THIS.

But in all seriousness I agree with the person that it makes you feel a bit ashamed. Though I don't have to deal with it now that I'm more outgoing.

• 1 decade ago

Yes, people have also on numerous occasions asked me if I was mute.

It is extremely annoying for people to say that. But at least I am not invisible.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I'm quit til I get to know people. But I'm proud of it.Being loud is not lady like.

• Yes. I'm like, "So? I just listen to everyone else and learn more about them than if I were to talk to them."

• 1 decade ago

I hate it so much. This just happened to me today when I went by my brother's house.

• no. I think we were given two ears and one mouth for a reason. we should be listening twice as much as talking.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.