Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 decade ago

How can i tell if my girlfriend loves somebody else?

background information: We have been going out for nine months now. She always tells me that she loves me and that I'm her first love, which is great since she is my first love too. We tell each other almost everything. The other day she let it slip that she has fallen out of love this year (in 2009 i mean) but i wonder how that can be.

Question: Can you fall out of love without being in love with somebody, or does my girlfriend love somebody else?

Not that it matters but: If she does love somebody else i would let her go so that she would be happy, no matter how much it would hurt me.

background information: We have been going out for nine months now. She always tells me that she loves me and that I'm her first love, which is great since she is my first love too. We tell each other almost everything. The other day she let it slip that she has fallen out of love this year (in 2009 i mean) but i wonder how that can be. Since then we have still been telling each other that we love one another. and she is flying down to visit me. (we met at college where we started dating and it is summer vacation.).

Question: Can you fall out of love without being in love with somebody, or does my girlfriend love somebody else? If this is the case would she still be telling me she loves me if she no longer does? I'm worried that she has fallen out of love with me.

Favorite Answer

hmm..well you definitely have to be in love to fall out of love.

Has she been acting different around you? I really hope she didn't mean she was falling out of love with you..

Maybe she had a crush..even a celebrity crush. That she finally got over..sometimes I say I "love" a certain celebrity, until I find out they're like a druggie or something. lol but idk that's really a stretch. but possible.

maybe you could just ask her what she meant. Or ask her if she still loves you like she did before.

I'm pretty sure you have to be in love to fall out of love. You should ask her if she's fallen out of love with you and see how she replies.

you can fall out of love without being in love.

but you sound like a sweet guy, so i bet she still loves you.