Best antivirus and best internet security software (read details)?

So I've read that BitDefender, Kaspersky and VIPRE are all top-notch antivirus software (with Bit and VIPRE being cheaper - good for my budget). Any idea with one I should buy? But then how about a good internet security software? Unless of course the 3 mentioned options have superb internet security?

Opinions about these next ones (paid and unpaid);

Comodo Internet Security 3.8.65951.477 (free net security, or is a paid one a better option?)

Outpost Firewall Free 2009 6.5.2724.381.0687.328 (better than Windows Firewall? Or should I get an AV with a firewall?)

Thanks for any assistance.

Update:

I'm not having the bulk of my computer security software be free. 'You get what you paid for' should mean something to you cheap bastards.

Update 2:

I have Norton (owned by Symantec) now but I hopefully have enough money to build my own desktop. I want to have something else aside from Norton using every available resource...

4 Answers

Relevance
  • David
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Kaspersky has the best detection rate, and it's usually at the top or close on PC World' antivirus software lists. I've heard BitDefender is more CPU intensive and I don't know much about VIPRE, but I'd recommend Kaspersky. They update it HOURLY!

• 4 years ago

Source(s): Industry Top Antivirus Software - http://moveantivirus.com/?vLBk
  • 1 decade ago

Kaspersky has Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 which includes anti-virus. They call it complete security.

Source(s): I have one.
  • 1 decade ago

get avast!

its free

and it has a firewall, anti virus and spy ware remover

i use it its amazing!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.