Another question for Wiccans=]?

You know those cats that have their paw up and a sign that says luck in Chinese?

Could I put that on my Wiccan altar. I know it sounds silly but I have my altar planned I was just wondering for future references. Thanks. I don't mind if I can't put the mini cat figure on there I just don't want to put something that's too wierd for the altar.

Bright Blessings )O(

thanks so much=]

• Amy
    Favorite Answer

I think a Chinese lucky cat is perfect for your altar. Altars are individual expressions. There's nothing too weird for a personal altar. Everything should have meaning for you. It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks about it. There is no right or wrong on this.

You may put anything on your Alter that you wish.

It is your creation, your sacred place for raising your magikal energy.

Especially if this is special to you, it makes it empowering to honor it.

You should also read about cats, both domestic and Large.

Strong Totem for you, you will find how many wonderful traits that you have, which are Cat/Big Cat family. Study as many dif types of Large Cats you come across. You'll find the ones you've always been partial to, make up much of your own personality and natural powers.

Source(s): Animal Speak Ted Andrews
  • MSB

There is nothing too wierd if it holds meaning to you.

If your lovers toenail clippings are meaningful to you, by all means place them on your altar.

An altar is personal sacred space; all the tools and items on it should be for your benefit,.

If it has value to YOU and meaning to YOU then it is fine for your personal practice...

Frankly, most of us aren't going to care unless you write a book called "the ancient Wiccan tradition of the good luck cat" or something.

:)

Source(s): http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1278/1059847318_39b... It's still Caturday somewhere... :)
  • Ishtar

My husband's altar has a stuffed coyote and a Barbie doll in Native American costume on it. 'Nuff said.

i GUESS you could. but my girlfriens the wiccan. i think it is oj though