Why do people think Christians are so judgmental?

Okay, i know there are some pretty judgmental people out there who happen to be Christian, but why do you have to say they all are?

I really want to know.

Then, maybe, I can clear some things up for you.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

cuz they're being judgemental themselves.

• 1 decade ago

After seeing some of the things on here, I don't think very many people have any right to complain even if a Christian really does judge them.

There are some judgmental Christians to be sure (I've met them too) but very often anything remotely similar to a Christian belief is considered judgmental by people who simply want an excuse to not listen more than anything. There is a huge difference between concern, disapproval, and actual judging.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Because the majority of them are. I am Christian myself but I don't go to a church because every church I have been to has been incredibly greedy. I think Christians are pushy and judgmental because if you don't agree with their beliefs then you are going to hell or you're a bad person. I have had many bad experiences with Christians in general including viewpoints on abortion, gays, and people who have different beliefs. For the most part Christians want everyone to conform to their lifestyle and do exactly as they believe is right. I consider myself Christian because I know that Jesus Christ died for my sins, I know he is my savior and that God is my creator. However, I do not follow the bible because it was written by man. Not to mention so many parts have been left out because it did not fit in with what the church said was true.

• 1 decade ago

There are christians out there who are judgmental, but in all matter of speaking God is the only to judge anyone. We are all still human and of the human nature, therefore its in our nature to pass judgment on others. As a christian though you shouldn't point your finger out at anyone because we've all been sinners and are equal in his eyes.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Well, sometimes we can be very judgmental of others. This of course is not the Christian way; but it must be remembered that Christians are not perfect, even if we think we are.

• Megs
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

I don't generalize. Whenever I make a statement that could be viewed as a generalization, I usually add that there are exceptions.

That being said, the vast majority of my experiences with Christians have been negative, or uncomfortable, at the least. There have been a few good experiences, but they were rare.

• 1 decade ago

The judgmental Christians speak the loudest and often. It is wrong to assume that they are all judgmental, but when that makes up most of your experiences/interactions with them it makes it hard to accept all of them.

• UNCOLA
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

I don't think they all are, but there is a large group of Christians that feel it is their job to pass moral judgment on the rest of the world.

• Amy
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Christianity's exclusiveness makes it's adherents judgmental by definition. It's the "We are the one true religion and everyone else is wrong," attitude that rubs some folks the wrong way.

• I don't say they all are, it's just that because I'm Wiccan, alot of Christians have insulted me. I believe there are Christians who love everyone or at least respect them=]

Bright blessings)O(

• 1 decade ago

Because they are taught to think that way

Source(s): Seen it in person
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.