Is it weird that I like alternative rap but not other rap?

I can't stand gangster rap or Lil Wayne and all those other popular rappers but I like alternative rap like Del Tha Funkee Homosapien and Aesop Rock. Why might this be and is this strange?

Favorite Answer

Don't call it alternative rap. It's underground hip-hop and you like it because it's good. Mainsteam music sucks.

Aesop Rock

Brother Ali

Sole

Sage Francis

Atmosphere

Eyedea

POS

Canibus

Cage

Mac Lethal

etc...

Sux that 80% of that type of music is white guys from the suberbs that learned the culture and now control alot of whats considerd "undergroud" not that i dislike white people i know aot of em but i miss the roots of the culture, street kids kickin knowledge. now it seems really self important and everyone is bad angsty stuff that kind of gets annoying.

Thing is its just about taste cuz there is a good argument against and for all kinds of music. i like "alternative" rap alot but sometimes i jus gotta switch it up. all about how i feel at a certin time.

Check out my trax... http://www.myspace.com/alphaflightone2

Very normal...true Hip Hop is usually the Alternative stuff..Mainstream is alot of Pop

• ?usten

I was the same way until recently. Only about three weeks ago I started listening to Wu-Tang a lot and Ice Cube and other people.

This can be attributed to the fact you actually enjoy GOOD music. This is uncommon in this day and age, but it is good to see there are others out there who know what good hip hop is.

It's not strange. Your taste in music isn't special or different, lots of people share it. It's just what you like.