Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

Should I have a protein shake instead of sandwiches?

I'm not fat but I have a "muffin-top" that I want to get rid of, so for me this summer is all about eating healthy. I'm eating less calories and many vegetables.

Every day for lunch I have two pickle sandwiches. (Just dill pickles and bread.) Would it be better to switch to a protein shake so I didn't get carbs from bread? Or does it matter?

By the way, my other meals are Special K for breakfast and rice and vegetables for dinner, maybe with some chicken. Nothing unhealthy and I'm following this plan strictly!

Favorite Answer

....try working out?

If you're not active, eating just carbs will only add more pounds. Add more protein for a more balanced diet (try adding it to all your meals). Protein + carb combos (plus lots of veggies) will help you feel more satisfied.

Protein shakes are a good idea but only when you're on a very active work-out regimen and are looking to tone up & build muscle. If you do decide to get on a work-out regimen, drink a protein shake (20 grams of whey protein) to help refuel your muscles. And it will help stave off hunger afterward.

• ?

No. It will depend on whats within the sandwhcih, and such a lot protein shakes can provide you extra protein according to what you'll be able to devour than sandwhiches. They are greater than not anything nonetheless.