? asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

I am 16 and want breast surgery, please read/help !?

Okay, well. I am a 16 year old female (obviously) and I want to get breast surgery. I do not want implants. But I do want nipple reduction/lift. I would really appreciate the feedback? This is a difficult thing and I want to know the bad side effects and what could happen in the future if I did this, which I am pretty sure I am going to do.

Serious answers only.

Haha, wow. I know all of the growing things, I want to know hard facts! What are the actual bad things?

I am not doing it to look 'hot'. If I were to do it it would be completely for myself, so that I felt comfortable with myself.

I don't listen to the media.

I am not 'fat', I used to be heavier and had a rather large chest, and am still a C, so I think it's from that.

I just don't want to deal with not liking it anymore. It's not about a boy or a magazine. It's about myself.

Favorite Answer

Like many of the other posters here, I'll say wait until you're fully grown ... after 22-23 ... so that those "girls" of yours are as normal as they are going to be for the rest of your life. If, at that time, you still do not like the way your nipples look, then do a lot of research to find the BEST doctor to do the surgery. I don't like my nipples, either, but they are mine and I would never change them.

This is a very specialized surgery, so instead of asking for help here, why not go online and research the surgery, the pros/cons, and what can go wrong. Only you can decide if this is right for you (with the help of your doctor).

Some very serious things you need to think about are, if you have children, do you want to breast-feed? Even if you only do it for a couple of months, breast milk is the absolute BEST for a baby. This type of surgery could make it impossible for you to breast-feed at all.

Also, all surgeries have risks. You could die from the anesthetic or suffer brain damage. These are things you have to decide whether or not are worth the risk for a minor cosmetic flaw (to you).

And, finally, the surgery could have complications and your nipples may actually look worse afterward.

BE SURE the look of your nipples is more important to you than your overall health before you take on this type of change to yourself.

Good luck.

Source(s): Looked into implants for myself and decided bigger boobs were NOT worth the risk to my life.

Ask your mom to make an appointment or get a referral for a plastic surgeon who is skilled in this procedure. It is possible you would be a good candidate for the procedure. I do know some women with an overabundance of breast tissue end up wearing several bras at once to get the needed support or have back and breathing problems like you mention. Good luck to you.

Well... what are your reasons for the surgery? I remember wanting this type of surgery in my teen years, and I found out that the usual movie type small and perky nips aren't what EVERY guy wants... every past boyfriend of mine has been quite happy (if not crazy) about my nips.

Without your reasons, it's difficult to really say anything. However, I will say this... and it'll take awhile... but you're made the way you are for a reason, why mess with it.

Enjoy yourself! Large nips are IN baby!

From what I have heard on the news, you can lose nipple sensitivity and end up with scarring.

According to one source, "Risks of areola reduction surgery are minimal, but may include irregular shape, areola too large or too small, infection, scarring, and changes in nipple or areola sensation."

If it is healthy breast tissue, it would be best to learn to love what God gave you. Even if you don't like them now, you may change your mind in the future. I used to really dislike my breasts, but I made it out of my teenage years and like them just fine now. It just took a few years. Your breasts don't have to look like anyone else's to be beautiful and healthy.

Source(s): I work in healthcare (and see all kinds of breasts) and am a female.

Your body is still making changes and I wouldn't suggest getting any form of breast surgery or any other form of body change surgery done at your age. You need to be older and after you reach the age where your body isn't making growing changes then you can talk to your doctor about what you want to do.

Even at the age of 30, you're nipples, etc...will still change from time to time. The side effects are anything from changing breast size, nipple size (swelling permenently), infection, etc...

Don't get it!

You're only 16 and plastic surgery is not good.

You breasts will stop growing at the age of 21.

Wait till you are older.

Omg I know u don't want to hear the bit "it's what's inside that counts" but it's true. If ur doing it to look hot then your going to attract the wrong type of guy. Besides some guys find that a turn off.... So just be u not some plastic fake ....

You should appreciate the way your body was made. You should only consider surgery when your around 20+ yrs old because your body has not full grown yet.

YOU SHOULD WAIT, seriously until you're at least 21.

You don't stop growing until early 20's. You might like yourself then!

Besides, you can't do it until you're 18 without consent, and even then, I don't know how you'd afford it. And at 16, I don't know any parents/reputable doctors who would encourage this.