Mosquito allergy?? Help, please!?

I'vebeen bitten by tons of Mosquitos before, but yesterday and today, while camping, I was bitten by a few Mosquitos and the body part where I was bitten became severely inflamed. My foot blew up like a balloon, and so did my hand. My thumb can't even bend. I took some benadryl and advil...but idont think it's kicked in yet.

Should I see a doctor about this? Or is there an OTC roduct that can help me?

It's making me worried because this has never happened in my life. Thanks for any help

Favorite Answer

You are allergic. Make sure its definitely a mosquito bite and not an insect bite that might have similar characteristics (itchy, red, bump)

Once you've confirmed its a mosquito bite, go to an allerdy specialist, explain ur symptoms, and he/she should give you pills.

There are special pills for people who are allergic to mosquitoes so in case u r allergic to them, talk to him or her about that pill and see what they can do for you.

While you're there, you might also want to get a skin test to make sure its not a plant ur allergic too.

Source(s): I work in an allergy clinic