Mosquito allergy?? Help, please!?

I'vebeen bitten by tons of Mosquitos before, but yesterday and today, while camping, I was bitten by a few Mosquitos and the body part where I was bitten became severely inflamed. My foot blew up like a balloon, and so did my hand. My thumb can't even bend. I took some benadryl and advil...but idont think it's kicked in yet.

Should I see a doctor about this? Or is there an OTC roduct that can help me?

It's making me worried because this has never happened in my life. Thanks for any help

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    You are allergic. Make sure its definitely a mosquito bite and not an insect bite that might have similar characteristics (itchy, red, bump)

    Once you've confirmed its a mosquito bite, go to an allerdy specialist, explain ur symptoms, and he/she should give you pills.

    There are special pills for people who are allergic to mosquitoes so in case u r allergic to them, talk to him or her about that pill and see what they can do for you.

    While you're there, you might also want to get a skin test to make sure its not a plant ur allergic too.

    Source(s): I work in an allergy clinic
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.