How do i ask for time off?

So the 14th of august i need time off work. I start my new job monday. We bought concert tickets back in april before i even knew the job was going in business there.

So i was wondering if i would say

I have a previous commitment in indianapolis with my parents and i wanted to know if i could have the 14th off. Do you think they would let me have that day off?

It is also my first day of school so my schedule would be changing from 6 hours a day to 4 hours.

So what do you think they would say since if i would even have to work that day they would say about missing just 4 hours.

Also i dont want to wait till that day to see if i have it off because if i dont then that't not good.

So what do you think they will say?

Ask them as soon as possible so that they can find someone to fill in for you. It depends on the job and on your boss. Many are willing to work with you. Also let them know that you would be willing to fill in when other people need a day off work.

Ask exactly how you stated it here and you will most likely get off, unless your boss is an ***