What's the best area in CA to live?

Between the Bay, LA or SD.

BTW, I was born and raised in Santa Cruz, and have been in LA for the last 12 years, off and on. I'm not a fan of LA.

• Lisa L
    Favorite Answer

I've lived in Los Angeles (Valley, Canoga Park) AND I've lived in the Bay Area (Silicon Valley, San Jose). I left L.A. in 1976 and it was o.k. then, at least in the Valley. Since then it has CHANGED BIG TIME. The freeways are a rat race, conjested, etc. Smog can get pretty awful.

On the other hand, the Bay Area is by far MUCH, MUCH nicer than L.A. I lived there for 20 years, till housing got so expensive, we moved to the Central Coast, Ca. which is beautiful too. It's more affordable here, more small town atmosphere, fewer jobs, etc.

(But as far as L.A., San Diego) the Bay Area has cleaner air, fewer people, lots to do and the area is just more beautiful. You've got the Santa Cruz mountains, the Bay, beaches, etc. There's good camping within an hour of anywhere there (Santa Cruz Mts. San Mateo County Campground). Nice restaurants, opera in the city, snow skiing within a couple of hours in the Winter. The weather is fair to mild. IF I had to live in either of those 3 cities........THE BAY AREA WINS HANDS DOWN!!

Source(s): Experience

VERY difficult to say. The weather is best in San Diego, if you define sun as best. This makes it arguably the best fitness/training place if you like that. LA is best if you aspire to do something in entertainment. The Bay Area is such a melange of communities it would be hard to lump it in as one region - people are being shot in parts of Oakland while out in the wine regions people are living their absolute dreams. If you're an evangelical Christian, opt for SD; I'd recommend an observant Jewish person live in LA. Chic urbanites definitely choose San Francisco, techies looking for jobs pick the Silicon Valley. If you're politically left of center, Bay Area definitely. Right wingers would clearly choose San Diego. For surfing and horticulture, San Diego tops the list; but do you care about those things? It goes ON and ON and ON, my friend. And we haven't even touched on some of the GREAT places in CA you haven't even listed, like the Central Coast and the Sierras. One thing you are going to need anywhere is a job, some savings, a reliable car, and good credit. Best wishes!

Source(s): Lived and worked throughout California since about 1970.

it depends on how much money you got.L>A is a rat race it goes from ghetto to nice non stop trafiic sucks and the beaches are only nice in lower la like laguna and newport.san diego is very nice all around and u can live at a nice beach community for lesss than a grand.ive been to both places hundreds of times and i like sd alot better

Los Angeles it has way more to offer than San Diego, and by the way LA is the 2nd or the 3rd largest city in the US!!

Sacramento is a lot like Kansas City, but for a good young couple like you guys, I suggest Roseville. Its a growing community and has been recognized in many magazines. Roseville also has inexpensive housing and has low crime. There is a great sports complex with a dog park, and when u are ready to have kids, Roseville is a great place to raise them.

la for sure