Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsFish · 1 decade ago

Could i have this many fish?

I have a 39 gallon tank and it is stocked with 5 cherry barbs, 2 zebra loaches,and 6 white cloud mountain minnows. How many balloon mollies could the tank hold without raising nitrates through the roof?

Update:

my bad, it is a 37 gallon.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Daniel
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I would get 4 mollies (1 male, 3 female). That should bring you right to the limit for the tank.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Source(s): Me!
  • Ianab
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Meh - probably about 10 if you keep up the water changes.

What are your nitrates like now, how much do they go up each week with the fish you have? If you add twice as many fish, they will go up twice as fast.

Eventually this will become more than a sensible amount of water changing can control, then your tank is overstocked,

Best option, if your tank is running well now with no nitrate problems, then add a few mollies and see what happens. 3 or 4 more fish wont make a big difference.

Ian

• 1 decade ago

you could add around 15 if you really wanted to your tank is no where close to being overstocked and even if it was adding fish never sends nitrates thru the roof it take time for nitrate levels to rise if you tested your tank currently for nitrates and keep testing it without doing a water change you will soon learn that it can take over a couple of months for it to get high enough to be in a must change water situation one of the reasons for this is most tanks have some amount of things like algae and algae and plants remove nitrates from the water

• 1 decade ago

Probably about 2 or 3 but that is the limit.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

maybe 1-4 could fit it depends how much water you put in it

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.