who will win the NL wild card this year?

Rockies? Giants? Astros? Cubs? Braves? the rockies currently have a one game lead on the giants after there win tonight but other teams like the cubs are creeping back into it a half a game at a time

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I have to go with the San Francisco Giants. They have the best pitching staff in the majors with Lincecum, Johnson, Cain, Zito and Sanchez. However, the hitting has been inconsistent and at times terrible. Sandoval and Aaron Rowand are great hitters and Schierholtz and Ishikawa are amazing when he is hot, but that is not enough in the post-season. They need to acquire a big bat, which I believe they will do by the deadline. The pitching will dominate the post-season and if the hitting comes through they might even win the world series.

Source(s): SF NATIVE
  • ?
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Personally, I'm going with the Astros. Lately, they have been on fire, taking 2 of 4 against the Dodgers, and 3 of 3 against the Cards, who are first in NL central. They have won 7 of 10 since the All-star break, and they are always a 2nd half team. They are currently 3 games out of the wild card, and 1 1/2 out of 1st in the NL central. I think they will take 1st in the NL central, but if they don't, it looks like they will have the wildcard. They have a pretty good bullpen and have very good offense with veterans such as Lance Berkman and Miguel Tejada. The Giants have great pitching, but their offense is slow as of late. The Rockies also look like they have a good chance, but I wouldn't count on the Braves or Marlins. Anyway, hope this helps!!!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I think the Braves. All of the other teams you mention have been sitting around the same place for a while, the braves have come out of nowhere and gained about 5 games on them in a few weeks. Braves have the 3rd best ERA in baseball, and are a much better hitting team than the Giants who are the only other team on that list with comparable pitching.

• 1 decade ago

Giants

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Giants

• Matt
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Probably the Cubs, maybe the Braves...of course, the Cubs always lose in the playoffs as do the Braves (except in the 1990s).

• 1 decade ago

Marlins. 3 games behind. They play the Cubs and Braves after the Dogers very important games coming up hopefully we pull it off.

• 1 decade ago

I'm a Giants fan but i think they will win it b/c i can feel there is a trade coming i mean we have the pitching to do it but i think that Adam Dunn or Freddy Sanchez will be a Giant by next friday and will help us win it

• 1 decade ago

Cubs wont make it. They always choke up and their sechedual is tough. Astros have a chance but they are just on a little hot streak. But the answer is the brewers. The rest of their season is easy and they are past their lossing streak they have every year.

• 1 decade ago

Cubs hopefully if they dont win the NL but the giants will probably do it

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.