Jack Misk asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

If I sweat a lot compared to my friends, does it mean I am not as fit?

Today, me and my friend were helping a neighbor out by moving his furniture, and 5 minutes into it, I was sweating a lot! Sweat was dripping down my face, my wool sweater was soaked through, while I see my friend not sweating at all. I am 5'11, 160pounds, and work out in the gym, so the question is "Am I not fit because I sweat a lot?" or is it the more you sweat the better? Thanks

Update:

* when I get sweaty, I am not physically tired or exhausted, and I know for a fact my father's side of the family sweat a lot.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Just because you sweat a lot doesn't mean that you aren't as fit. It could be the result of many things. If you drink water regularly, you're more likely to sweat because you are adequately hydrated. The whole point of sweating is to cool off the body when it gets hotter than it needs to be, so another cause could be that you were working harder than the other person. I definitely know that because you sweat doesn't mean you aren't fit. I sweat a lot but I regularly play sports. It also just depends on your body, because some people naturally sweat more than others. Hope this helps!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

the purpose of sweat is to cool down, and help regulate your body's tempurate

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Neither, sweating doesn't have to do with how fit you are.

• 1 decade ago

you're not overweight so no, how much you sweat is just how much you sweat.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

You, my friend, simply just have a different type of muscle fiber. Fast twitch most likely. It is genetically determined so you can't do anything about it. My article should explain everything, and comment please :)

http://www.examiner.com/x-18223-Chicago-Quick-Work...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.