What kind of math is needed in Ecology?

I am highly interested in becoming an ecologist. Although I'm a little bit afraid in the type of math that is needing being that math isn't really my strong point. I was hoping that the math needed in ecology isn't very advanced meaning calculus,geometry etc wont be needed. I do very well with statistics and some Algebra but if you go beyond I get lost very easily. So yep I was wondering, Do you need very advanced math to be an ecologist?

Favorite Answer

at most basic calculus and biologists have a tolerance in math courses. after graduation you use softwares for any kind of experiment, you have right to forget all you have learned in math course

however if you want to "truly" understand all principles of statistics, then you will be doomed : )

statitistics and calculus are pretty key to doing any kinds of research in biology.