what can i take to fall asleep when 15 weeks pregnant?

i really need to sleep yet i am unable to even fall asleep is there something I can take to knock me out?

Favorite Answer

welcome to pregnancy!

warm milk, warm bath, try listening to soft music, or classical music before bed time, remove all distractions form the bed room (eg, no tv in the bedroom). no tv or computer games before bed (the lights from screens have been shown to stimulate the mind, not relax it, regardless of what you are watching or reading online).

If it's really bad, ask your doctor. But it's very common not to be able to sleep on a normal schedule while pregnant. happened to me for about a month. I'd fall asleep at 3am, and wake up late. I was always exhausted. of course, that does'nt work well for you if you have to go to work.

hang in there

Source(s): 20 weeks preggo

I had really bad insomnia in my first and second trimesters (baby is due next week). I didn't take any drugs and I don't recommend them. I read something about magnesium deficiency causing insomnia. I asked my doctor and he said taking extra magnesium is completely safe. Any extra will be eliminated from the body. So I tried it and it worked like a charm. I take my normal prenatals (Rainbow light, which I love btw!) and I take an added 400 to 500 mg of magnesium per day. It really only works if you take it in the morning or afternoon.

I did a lot of research on this. The baby is using so many minerals from you to build bone and tissues that it is easy for you to become deficient. American typically do not get enough magnesium in their diets. Especially if you eat a lot of calcium rich foods like dairy. Dairy does not have enough magnesium to balance the calcium and creates more of a magnesium deficiency. So take extra mag. with your dairy. Just try not to take too much calc. & mag. with iron rich foods or it may block the absorption of iron. Pumpkin seeds and other seeds and nuts contain a lot of magnesium. Leafy greens and wheat germ are also high in magnesium.

I hope this helps! It has worked great for me. I have been sleeping great since adding extra magnesium and if I forget to take it for a couple of days I start to have trouble again.

Tylenol Pm is safe to take occasionally. It is only Tylenol and Benadryl which are both safe during pregnancy. I took it with my last three pregnancies when I had trouble sleeping with the advice from my Dr. She said she took it during her own pregnancy. I don't know that it will "knock you out". But it might help you sleep. If you are having severe insomnia, you need to speak to your Dr. (You should speak to them anyway before taking anything to help you sleep) There may be reasons why you are sleeping other than just pregnancy.

Of course always ask your doctor, but towards the end of my first pregnancy I was having a lot of problems falling alseep at night and I asked my doctor and he suggested either Ambien or 2 tablets of 325 mg Tylenol. It seemed to help. Good luck.

Nope, all the meds you could take that could knock you out are class C drugs. I took a couple of sleeping pills once or twice when i was in my third trimester, and I could feel a noticeable slowing down in her movements and it made me too nervous to take again.

Benadryl is what my doctor told me to take for sleep and it works like a charm. I've been taking it on and off for the past 4 months because I have troubles sleeping.

You should ask your doctor tho.

Source(s): 34 wks w baby boy
  • Erika

you will desire to communicate on your wide-unfold practitioner you have gotten early set on gestational diabetes palms and ft going numb is an indication of that so palms and legs must be besides. it may additionally be blood rigidity subject. Make an appointment as quickly as conceivable and verify each time a advertisement comes on you get right into a sparkling place on the settee it is going to help alleviate and stop the numbness if this is basically from sitting in one place too long. good success desire each and every thing is okay.

You really should ask your doctor but my doctor recommended benadryl (the regular pink ones, not cold and sinus), or tylenol PM. It is best to ask your doctor though. Doctors don't like pregnant women taking anything but tylenol in early pregnancy.

• My doctor told me I could take Tylenol Pm. Just dont exceed the recomended dosage.

Try a warm bath

drink some warm milk