can my 30 yr old bf be charged?

im 17 yr old dating a 30 myr old my duece dad doesnt like it can my bf be charged or go to jail if he was to report it,and if he has to have proof that we are having sex what does that mean like how much proof like a video?

please explain

Favorite Answer

usually 17 is past the age of consent.

I don't think he'll go to jail, even with proof, if you consented

• ?

I married a much older man and we have a wonderful life together. Ignore the people calling you names, they don't want to help you.

Here is a list of safe states for you and their ages of consent;

Alabama 16, Alaska 16, Arkansas 16,

Colorado 15, Connecticut 15,

D.C. 16, Delaware 16,

Florida 16, Georgia 16, Hawaii 14,

Idaho 14, Illinois 17, Indiana 16,

Kansas 16, Kentucky 16,

Louisiana 17, Maine 16, Maryland 16,

Massachusetts 16, Michigan 16, Minnesota 16,

Mississippi 16, Missouri 17, Montana 16,

Nebraska 16, Nevada 16, New Hampshire 16,

New Jersey 16, New Mexico 17, New York 17,

North Carolina 16, Ohio 16, Oklahoma 16,

Pennsylvania 16, Rhode Island 16, South Carolina 14,

South Dakota 16, Texas 17, Utah 16, Vermont 16, Virginia 15,

Washington 16, West Virginia 16, Wyoming 16

Maybe it would be simpler to list the six states that are not safe;

Arizona 18, California 18, Iowa 18,

Oregon 18, Tennessee 18, Wisconsin 18

First of all a 30 year old dating a 17 year old? That is disgusting! He is not in a relationship with you because you're a perfect match for him! I mean, seriously, think about it from another point of view. What do you two have in common? Really? Same taste in music? Clothes? Clubs? Family aspirations? Think about that kinda thing. Now that is out of the way to your question:

The age of consent is 18 in most states, with a 3 year age gap. Meaning if ur bf was only 3 yrs older it would be ok. So if your dad reports him, and he should, then your bf could go to prison for what is known as statutory rape.

Maybe you should think of both of you, and dump him. I mean how would you feel if he went to prison because he wss dating you? I mean if he gets pulled over with you in the car then he could have troubles. All it would take would be an observant and decent minded police officer.

• Bob

It all depends on the state. Each state has a different age of consent and that is what decides if your boyfriend is guilty of sex with a minor. Of course if I were your father it wouldn't matter because I would kick the crap out of your boyfriend and fix him so he wouldn't have sex for a long time. And then I would ground your sorry butt until you were 18.

Your 30y old BF can be charged w/statuatory rape of a minor under 18, and your BF would be in world of hurt if your "duece?" father did that. No, he wouldn't need a video tape of you two doing the hot monkey love dance either.

Depends on the state you live in, and no it does not require video proof.

if you guys have sex then yes, and why is a 17 year old with a 30 year old he is a sick o and i agree with your dad

Depends where you live. I wish people would think outside their little bubble when they get online, it would make it so much easier to help.

Yeah He can press charges. Besides thats freaking weird , if i was your dad I just kick the crap outta him and ground you.

• Yes, he can be charged. I hope he is and that he serves time for it. He's a disgusting pedophile.