is youtube to mp3 legal?

I sure hope it is...I don't want 2 FBI helicopters hovering around my house at 2AM while 20 heavily armed U.S marshals barge into my house with a battering ram to send me to a nationally televised World Court hearing just because I wanted to listen to some Judas Priest.

I hear that if I use it for personal use, I cant get arrested because that's exactly what Youtube is doing...kinda

Also, I think that I could easily listen to music on Youtube than buy it on iTunes, and that could piss off a lot of bands to sue Youtube

And... I think that police or Youtube should put a stop to these downloaders if they didn't want their movies to be tossed around willy-nilly...or at least program their videos so they can only be used on Youtube...

... but I still don't want to click "Accept"...

...help

• Den B7
    Favorite Answer

If you are downloading copyrighted music off of YouTube, you are breaking the law just like the person who uploaded it did. Copyrights mean just that... the right to copy. You have no right to copy so you are in violation of internationally recognized laws.

Below is something to consider. Click the link to read the entire article.

===========

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_tec_music_downloadin...

Jury rules against Minn. woman in download case

AP By STEVE KARNOWSKI, Associated Press Writer Steve Karnowski, Associated Press Writer

MINNEAPOLIS

A replay of the nation's only file-sharing case to go to trial has ended with the same result a Minnesota woman was found to have violated music copyrights and must pay huge damages to the recording industry.

A federal jury ruled Thursday that Jammie Thomas-Rasset willfully violated the copyrights on 24 songs, and awarded recording companies $1.92 million, or $80,000 per song.

Thomas-Rasset's second trial actually turned out worse for her. When a different federal jury heard her case in 2007, it hit Thomas-Rasset with a $222,000 judgment.

Ive Been Doing That Since Forever:D

& iDont Think Its Legal?:/

But iHighly Doubt The FBI Will

Go Looking For You:D

Nobody would care, or even know for that matter that you're ripping songs from youtube, except you. Nobody is going to come looking for you, either. Now, if you have kiddy porn that you trade online and they get you for that and find the songs on your computer, you might be in some trouble for them, but that would be the least of your worries.