Shane asked in HealthMental Health · 1 decade ago

Imaginary world I escape to...?

I am 20 years old, yet I still escape into a fantasy world for hours while I am lying in bed. It is really usually just an imaginary person, usually just an extremely caring woman that loves me and that lies in bed and cuddles with me, talks to me and tries to calm me down often times, it is never sexual which I would think is more normal.

I never told this to anyone, I can't, it is embarrassing. I have forcefully stopped for months at a time but have noticed my mood will be a little more drained and down and eventually go back since I can't find anyone and feel depressed and lonely a lot (I have many symptoms or bipolar disorder that I won't get into here, if it is of any interest.) so I usually start bringing her back, but I also know that it is just a fantasy and I feel like a psycho so I feel bad about it either way now...

I have no idea what to make of this situation, your help please?? I don't know what to do.

• vis
    Favorite Answer

it is a coping mechanism..when life is to hard you turn to her..i have my own little world i do that with..as long as you know she is make believe you should be ok