Has your period been late but you weren't pregnant?

Have this happen to you?

How long was it late?

How did you feel? signs?

Favorite Answer

Oh yes. Could be stress, over exertion from exercise, big changes in weight (up or down).

Every woman is different and cycles can change. Mine changed before I had my first child and it changed after each one of my four children. I didn't really feel different. Sometimes the flow was heavy, sometimes it wasn't. Go see your doctor if you are really worried. You should probably have a pap done to see if there is anything going on. Good luck, hon. ;-)

I have had this incident happen to me before. I did freak out when my period was late for about a MONTH! When I did have it back, it only lasted for 2 days...... So you can say my period was VERY irregular during that time, but my body didn't feel any different. I think I found the solution for why my period was so late. During that time, I remember I was on a very strict diet and exercised a considerable amount. I only ate two times a day, and I mostly ate two tablespoons of rice and fish(I know. I was out of my mind! Thankfully I don't do that anymore.). My excercise routine was going out to bike about 3 miles in one hour everyday. I guess my horrendous diet restricted me from eating proper nutrients, thus giving me a very irregular period. Luckily I was sick of the diet. I went back to the regular way I would usually eat and haven't excercised in a year(now that's the downside to quitting my strict diet), lol. Then, I had regular periods every month now.

Yes! After about a year ago I had some irregular periods that were more than 1 month apart. Once I was a week and a half late, nothing happened out of the ordinary, just regular symptoms like retaining water and cramps. I think it just happens sometimes you know?

Hope I helped :)

It has happened to me. Sometimes women just have irregular periods. I was a few weeks late a couple of times. If you get put on a birth control it will help regulate your periods so they are pretty much always at the same time of the month. Hope this helps

It's possible for your period to be late without you being pregnant if you are under less stress than you usually are. It should come up to 5 days later, and you shouldn't notice a difference in the way you normally feel, except cramps may be less severe.

i missed my period for 4 months. I was stressed by work, then i missed my period and stressed over that, then decided that if i was pregnant that i had to give the baby up for adoption, my daughter was only 6 months old. i had no signs of anything just didn't have my period. It eventually came and everything went back to normal.

used to happen to me all the time, but that's because I had cysts in my ovaries which were making my hormone levels go crazy, and my body was out of wack. I was put on birth control to control the cysts (they were painful, but once under contrl, they didn't hurt as much). After a few years, I decided to come off the birth control and my body stayed on a rather normal cycle, luckily, although the pain did come back.

Source(s): me, 20 weeks preggo
  • love

Yes, it's happened to me. My period were a week late.

All the time. My period is very irregular and comes about every 3-5 months.

If you are concerned, take a pregnancy test. They only cost $20.

Yes mine has been a few days late before because I was stressing about the possibility of being pregnant.

I went and bought a test and after I took it and saw it was negative I started my period.

The brain is a powerful thing..