Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

No body fat = faster muscle growth?

If you have 7% body fat, would you gain muscle faster than people with higher %'s?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Body fat % does not have any connection with faster muscle growth. An exception only when you are taking L-carnitine which could assimilate that fat into energy thus making your heavy lifting weight more vigorous and thus results to better and faster muscle growth.

Muscle growth is not based on how much fat you have in your body but rather how much your body produces growth hormones for you to grow.

• 5 years ago

Source(s): Fast Track Muscle Building : http://buildmuscle.oruty.com/?KZVm
  • 1 decade ago

No, not necessarily. In fact, the case might actually be the other way around, if anything.

But as a general rule, body fat % really has nothing to do with the rate at which someone gains muscle.

• 1 decade ago

You know what steroids do? Steroids not only overload your body with testosterone, but when you workout, they restrict the flow of carbs and other energy to your muscles and your muscles become A LOT more efficient and in turn, a lot bigger. Read my article, it should help you out. Basically, do not eat too much before a workout (but DO NOT workout on an empty stomach) but wait until after the workout and muscle will come. If you eat little and work out a lot, your body will start taking energy from the muscles that you are not working out and they will become smaller.

http://www.examiner.com/x-18223-Chicago-Quick-Work...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

You're watching at muscle development and staying power/fats loss as matters that are not able to paintings in combination. While sure, in the event you wish to drop a few pounds, you ought to watch (And burn) your energy. However, muscle mass is a exceptional approach of growing your metabolism (which eats energy). An athletic man or woman "simply sitting looking television" will burn extra energy than a man or woman who does not recreation doing the equal factor. Keep in brain, you ought to consume extra of the proper stuff to achieve muscle mass - however whilst constructing muscle mass, you are nonetheless burning a ton of energy. Look at it this manner, I began workout two years in the past. I weigh EXACTLY the equal weight, however my pant dimension is three sizes smaller. Losing frame fats will certainly occur if you are combining aerobic and resistance coaching. - Which is distinctive than wasting weight. As a ways as protein is going, 200g an afternoon is more commonly a ways an excessive amount of (probably the most any one could want is nearly 1g according to pound - and that is if you are closely into a few severe athletic coaching. ) Regularly, guys want approximately 38 grams according to day and females, 25. You'll understand you are getting a ways an excessive amount of protein in the event you begin farting tremendous monster kablammo farts. Don't overlook your diet b12 so you'll digest all that protein as good.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Well when you work out your body uses fat for a lot of things even building muscle i'm not gonna go out and tell you to but on weight but just eat a lot of protein and a protein powder maybe if your trying to build a lot of muscle.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.