what is a good excuse to get me off academic dismissal?

i just need a good excuse for why i messed up my grades last semester...im on academic dismissal for a semester but i cant reall afford to skip a whole semester of class..im going to talk to a counselor tuesday and i need a good reason for him/her to take me off of it

Favorite Answer

Wow thats pretty hard to get off of...you should've kept that 2.0 GPA LOL.

Parents died? Diagnosed with depression b/c of (insert excuse...car accident/family problems/financial reasons)

Family issues

Financial Issues

Most importantly after you give your excuse you have to give ways you are going to fix the problem.

Most people won't believe any excuse you have without some form of documentation, especially counselors that have dealt with hundreds of students like you.

The truth is always best. Then when he tells you you are still on academic dismissal....head for the library and start studying.

I know this isn't going to win me best answer, but the fact that you even asked this question indicates that you aren't ready to be readmitted. You might try honesty, rather than an excuse, especially one that isn't true.

Deb