Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Why there aren't there more pro-abortion christians?

The way you talk about Original Sin™ and blame the lack of morality of the nation on its youth, I am not sure why you want another Original Sinner™ to come into the world.

Update:

I never said I was pro-abortion.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

im a Christian. i have no clue what "original sin" or "original sinner" means, but you definitely need to stop reading what the "Christian" people on Y!A write, and meet some in the real world. and your question is stupid.

• no
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Because their Bible says that "if you strike a woman who is with child and no problem arises, then the man should be turned over to the woman's husband for punishment. If however problems do arise, then it is written that you shall take a life for a life".

Now, since there was already a law to execute murderers, the only thing left for "problem" must refer to the child she is carrying. Since the passage refers to it as a life, then the baby inside the woman must be a life according to the god they follow. Therefore, an abortion would be taking an innocent life, just as it would be if the baby aborted because of an attack by a person.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

no one is pro-abortion. There is a difference between being pro-abortion and pro-choice. Consider this argument: if abortions were made illegal, that wouldn't lower the number of abortions, it would just lead to more home abortions. Not only would a home abortion destroy the fetus, it could seriously harm the woman since it's being performed by some guy with a sheet of internet printouts and a wire hanger instead of a doctor.

• 1 decade ago

The Bible is either silent on the matter of abortion or actively condones it. However, yes, you have a good point. I am mystified concerning this issue and i simply don't get it. Maybe it's something to do with a right-wing agenda, i don't know.

Edit: How come so many of you don't know what original sin is?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Check the statistics in the USA. Believe me, there are thousands of Christians getting abortions every single day.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

So you are for the murdering of innocent unborn life????????

what kind of human being are you?

We do not need anymore cruel abortionists we need people to stand up to this atrocity.

It is the worst thing that any could do.

You do not even allow these babies to have a voice. You just cut it off.

God's judgment will be upon all who think this is a great idea.

heartless, care less and horrific.

• 1 decade ago

I think pro-abortion or pro-choice is an oxymoron with Christianity. You should never take another being's life.

• 1 decade ago

No one is "pro-abortion" - that is a dishonest mislabeling of people who are pro-choice. Also, the people who call themselves "pro-life" are being dishonest because *everyone* is "pro-life" - these so-called pro-lifers are really just anti-choice.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Many are pro choice. Being for choice is very different than being for abortion.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

What is "Original Sin"? And what point are you trying to prove here?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.