myGOP asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 decade ago

Strange uncomfortable bumps in mouth.?

I have repeatedly had bumps form on the back right side of my mouth. They always form in roughly the same area. Where the cheek ends and there is a firm, gum area. I don't know what this is called, hopefully you know what I'm talking about.

These bumps are not always painful, but are uncomfortable. They hurt a little while eating or swallowing. I have not seen one to describe its appearance. Usually I remove them with my finger by scraping with the nail, I started off by thinking it was food or a collection of saliva, etc, and removal was the only step necessary.

Removal is often painful, only while i remove it. Interestingly the bump will sometimes move in my mouth rather than break. Recently that area of my mouth has become sore, and when I broke one a little while ago, it bled minimally.

What could this be? Any information would be appreciated.

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

It could be that you are biting your mouth at night, this could cause tissue to grow back over the area and create a sort of bump that could move around. Other than that, pimples can also grow in peoples mouths, they are just called something else. Other than that I don't know, I'm not any kind of Oral Dr. or anything.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.