myGOP asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 decade ago

Strange uncomfortable bumps in mouth.?

I have repeatedly had bumps form on the back right side of my mouth. They always form in roughly the same area. Where the cheek ends and there is a firm, gum area. I don't know what this is called, hopefully you know what I'm talking about.

These bumps are not always painful, but are uncomfortable. They hurt a little while eating or swallowing. I have not seen one to describe its appearance. Usually I remove them with my finger by scraping with the nail, I started off by thinking it was food or a collection of saliva, etc, and removal was the only step necessary.

Removal is often painful, only while i remove it. Interestingly the bump will sometimes move in my mouth rather than break. Recently that area of my mouth has become sore, and when I broke one a little while ago, it bled minimally.

What could this be? Any information would be appreciated.

Favorite Answer

It could be that you are biting your mouth at night, this could cause tissue to grow back over the area and create a sort of bump that could move around. Other than that, pimples can also grow in peoples mouths, they are just called something else. Other than that I don't know, I'm not any kind of Oral Dr. or anything.