Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureMythology & Folklore · 1 decade ago

2012..............................?

share your thoughts about 2012

NO DOOMSAYERS ALOUD

i know its a hoax but share your intrests and how it started and the money making skeam, share proof that it is a hoax, i am interested,

i am gonna be laughing at the doomsayers when december 21 2012 comes, they will probably be embarrassed

a website for stuff like this is

www.dailycommonsense.com

Update:

its a hoax, it was not the mayans who made this up, it was us, the mayan calendar did not predict the end of the world, we just extended this mayan calendar thing so that everyone gets scared http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUnINDZolDY

Youtube thumbnail

&feature=related http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oIXRYyvB8M

Youtube thumbnail

&feature=related

Update 2:

nostradamus did not predict the end in 2012, just watch the videos on the links i posted, the history channel just likes to extend things to scare people

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I think its stupid. They've called the end of the world a lot of times. They only predicted this because the Mayans calenders ended end were to lazy to keep it going (jk) Watch all of live to see Christmas 2012!!!

• 1 decade ago

Okay, I would like to enlighten the masses because this is a subject that has so many inaccuracies, and it really seems like people are just grasping on to the innate human desire for an Armageddon.

First of all, the Mayans disappeared and no one really knows what happened to them. They vanished many years before the European settlers immigrated to the Americas and destroyed the Native culture. What this means is that no one can truly be sure what that calendar was predicting. If you notice it always says "theory". It is true that they were of the first people to make an accurate calendar, but maybe they were ousted before they had a chance to finish it. No one knows.

Secondly, if people looked at the facts and brushed up on their history, there would be no "dooms day prediction". The indigenous peoples of Central and South America based most of their facts, writings, calendars and even religion on the variations in the stars and what they could see of space. Does it seem at all like a coincidence that December 12, 2012 will mark a time of great astrological change?

Finally, the third thing is that we know very little about the Natives, but what we do know tells us that these people were very "superstitious" so to speak. They believed very firmly in mathematical equations and the power they hold. The supporting documentation they found suggests not a "dooms day prediction" but a change. This is not a very far fetched idea, change happens a lot, but I still don't understand how people see - change = death.

Anyway, this is just another scare tactic people grasp onto because education is not sought as much as the power of suggestion. It is just like the Nostradamus predictions - has anyone else ever noticed that they can only see what he predicted after it happened?

Just for amusement value, I will make a prediction now. I predict that if people don't start seeking the truth, we'll all fall for a lie

• 1 decade ago

One of several Mayan calendars is the Long Count calendar, which is reset to day 0 every 1,872,000 days or 7057.5 years. The next reset date, by some calculations, is December 21, 2012. This is not a prediction of the end of the world.

These predictions are scare tactics, conspiracy theories, and chances to make money from books and movies.

Ever since the Y2K and 6/6/6 (June 6, 2006) End of the World scenarios did not pan out, the scare mongers, conspiracy theorists, book sellers, and television executives have been touting the 2012 End of the World scenario. When 2012 does not happen either, I am sure they will think of something else.

Here is also what NASA thinks about the 2012 End of the World scenario: http://pwg.gsfc.nasa.gov/stargaze/StarFAQ18.htm#q3...

If you want a bit more information on the 2012 hoax, try: http://2012hoax.org/

"But of that day or hour, no one knows, neither the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. Be watchful! Be alert! You do not know when the time will come." (Mark 13:32-33)

Jesus told us in no uncertain terms that we were not to know when the end of the world would come but that we were always to be ready.

The early Christian Church thought that Jesus was going to return at any moment. Only after a couple of centuries did the Church realize that it may be 2,000 or 4,000 or 8,000 years before Jesus returns.

The Catholic Church wisely follows Jesus' advice and teaches that each of us should live as if we will meet our maker in the next ten minutes and that we need to work to make the world a better place for our 100 X great-grandchildren.

Do not worry about the end of the world. Trust God to make sure everything happens to plan. Just be ready to meet God at any time.

For more information, about what Catholics believe about the end of the world, see: http://www.americancatholic.org/Newsletters/CU/ac0...

With love in Christ.

• 1 decade ago

Omg- all the time we prove those stupid people wrong. They're so ignorant that if someone says "Go jump off a cliff and you won't die tomorrow" they'd do it. The Mayans probably stopped making calenders because they thought we'd be smart enough to do it on our own. A calendar is just a piece of paper; pieces of paper don't say when the world ends, God does. And the Mayans weren't God... I don't really know if any of that makes sense but just to let everyone know, don't be scared of that BS.

To everyone, the world will end when the sun becomes a Red Giant, and that will be MILLIONS maybe billions of years from now. The sun (when it becomes a Red Giant) will grow and grow until it gets close enough to the earth and the earth will melt. Hopefully, none of us will live billions of years...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_giant

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Are you sure its a hoax

I mean come on The Mayan calender ends on that day (OK maybe it just ends they made the circle rock to small

Nostradamus predicts end of world on that date (OK i can predict i get laid in Future

A lot of his predictions came true

Scientist know for a fact the magnetice poles are going to shift that has not happened since the beginning of the last ice age

It's just a hoax

Dont not fear the furture young grasshopper death itself is not even certain

You' re fear is what keeps you from finding the true meaning of life

Source(s): to the dumbazz underneath me Christopher did not kill the mayans Would you guys have made this up on a different that think about it To the dumb (RIPMJ) fan calenders are not just pices of paper stuip azz To the other dumbasz It Takes Time What if somebody who predicted youre mom death did (Nostrodamus) What if some thing big was going to happen(Magnetice pole shift) The last time that happened the world went into an ice ice Look it up even the slitiest tilt could be dangerous
  • 1 decade ago

people have been claimingthe end of the world for a while now, not to log ago the world was thought to en in 2000

who's tosay that the mayans didnt end their calender becausethe predicted that they would no longer be around and figured that somebody would have figured out how to make the predictions now as they once did. they probably assumed that with the advance of technology we would be able to understand the method of their madness

• 1 decade ago

How could a man just like you and me predict a catastrophe. Are they like god or something? Just pretend that the Mayans lives next door, they came to you and told you that tomorrow is doomsday. Are you going to believe that? If they were so advance and great in predictions....where are they now? -dead and gone-

• 1 decade ago

Let us not go too far to year 2012. Nobody knows what is going to happen. I think it is more important to focus what one is going to do for 2010 first, because if you cant survive 2010 and then how are you to reach 2012 ?

Source(s): No source..
  • 1 decade ago

how would the world end because a lot of calenders end a lot later than 2012 like the jewish calendar ends 2076 that means we will still be alive i rely on our normal calendar it doesn't end yet

• 1 decade ago

haha if you remember correctly our good friend christipher columbus came over and killed the mayans but before hand they got so caught up in the new "gods" they stopped to focus on them right before they were enslaved and killed meaning they couldnt update their calender hence it had to end somewhere

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.