Do you think a past sexual experience led you to your gay/bisexual/lesbian sexuality?

Like when i was 10 i slept with a 16 year old guy and ever since then i felt i was bisexual. Like have any of you had sex with an older person when you were younger and it turned out to be a doorway to your sexuality?

Favorite Answer

Gay / lesbian / bisexuality / asexuality are sexual orientations are are present at birth (although not active until puberty... usually). Sexual abuse neither causes or changes anyone's sexual orientation. I would like to clarify some definitions:

Sexual Orientation: Sexual orientation is a pattern of emotional, romantic, and/or sexual attractions to men, women, both genders, neither gender, or another gender. This is what Kinsey measured in his behavioral studies.

Sexual Identity: Sexual identity describes how persons identify their own sexuality. This may or may not relate to their actual sexual orientation. In a 1990 study by the Social Organization of Sexuality, only 16% of women and 36% of men who reported some level of same-sex attraction had a homosexual or bisexual identity. Sexual Identity is a relatively new idea, it was first defined in the mid-1800s.

• Starr

No, I knew I was lesbian before I ever had sex. I was predisposed, born that way I guess.

No I just love women more than men.

Not me. I was assaulted when I was younger by my female babysitter, and I do not have any interest in females.

born gay right from birth and i love it

i don think experiences create sexuality, they just cement them.

I don't believe in sex before marriage. And I'm shy about that stuff. But me and Lisa Marie had something deep that is too personal to share.

• Mark

Yes, i do

don't think so...not for me...but it does happen to most of those who get molested.....