Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 decade ago

What are the best officer jobs in the Air Force?

I am a sophomore environmental engineering major considering a career as an air force officer when I graduate. I have a lot of interests: engineering, planning, administration, music, math, chemistry, etc. What are the best air force careers in these types of fields? What jobs are in the highest demand in the air force?

I know that no career is the "best"...I'm just curious about your opinions.

Favorite Answer

There is no such thing as best job.

To one person flying might be the best job.

To the person who hates flying, something else would be the best job.

The best job, is the job you want to do.

• manger

Best Air Force Officer Jobs

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

I am a sophomore environmental engineering major considering a career as an air force officer when I graduate. I have a lot of interests: engineering, planning, administration, music, math, chemistry, etc. What are the best air force careers in these types of fields? What jobs are in the highest...

Source(s): officer jobs air force: https://biturl.im/EbiEM

You'd probably do well as an acquisition officer, an engineer or a scientist. You might also be very successful as in intel officer. As far as the most in-demand jobs, that changes very frequently. When you are approaching graduation, I'd suggest talking to a recruiter. In fact, why not contact one now? It can't hurt. He or she can give you the best sight picture of what is your best option in the Air Force.

Best of luck!

• Nancy

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/axqni

If you want to be an Air Force officer, then try to get into the USAFA; that's just common sense. PJ's are enlisted; the Combat Rescue Officer (CRO) is the officer version. ALO's are rated pilots first!

• ?

Why are you so set on air force if you don't want to fly (obviously you can fly in other branches but that's what most people think of with Air Force)? you probably just want to be "safe", but in reality, look into other branches too because doing those things for the Air Force is no safer than the Navy, Marine Corps, or Army (heck Navy would be safer). Oh and you'll deploy the same

Anyway, my advice is to go talk to officer recruiters from each of the different branches, make sure your GPA is at least 3.5, and see what opportunities are available for you. I feel like the Air Force has the least opportunities for your interests (other than maybe the Marines). As the biggest branches, the army and Navy have more of a need for planning and engineering type people

Also, you'll probably want to look into more restricted line type positions

supply officer , you get everything for free for your home. Its like shopping at WalMart for free.

officer careers are here, http://www.airforce.com/opportunities/officer/

Only officers can be pilots, which being a pilot is bad ***.