Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 decade ago

How long does it take to get rid of a large crush?

I have been obsessed with this girl for about 7 months now and im praying my feelings die down as i know it can't work out. Its the summer hols and i see her again in september, is it very likely my heart will always beat really fast when i see her no matter how long i leave it.

Im 17 btw and it has been a pretty bad crush, sometimes drifting toward obsessiveness.

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

yes eventually the excited feelings will go away when you see her. It takes time to get over someone, but it's not impossible.

I used to like this guy for a looonnggg time, but now when I see him I don't even care, he has a new gf and everything, and she is one of my good friends, and I really don't even care.

You just have to try not to think about the what-if's and everything, and don't let your imagination get wild. And if you start to think about her, just distract yourself. Or quickly think about something else.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I know exactly how you feel.

I've had a crush on someone for at least 12-13 months. I KNOW it's love. But it just can't happen. I feel dead inside not knowing I can have her.

The truth is, I have been trying to forget about her for probably 6 months now, but I just can't. Everything I see and hear about her reminds me of the times we have had, that amazing personality of hers, etc...

So I'm sorry to say, I have no idea. But I know that it's the worst feeling in the world, not being able to have the woman you love, and not being able to move one.

Sorry, and best of luck.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

it wont die... i have had a crush on the same guy for over 2 years now. we used to be friends...i still loved him...we were bf and gf for about a month and he dumped me for another girl....i still loved him....and then we got into this big fight and we don't talk anymore....he moved next door to me i still love him! it wont die unless you fall in love with someone else and that's really hard when your already in love with someone.

• 1 decade ago

This isnt good but just focus on some other things, school will inevitably bring new challenges, new people, and new crushes, let this one go

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

it look me a while to get over a guy i like loved, about 2 years. just try to keep you mind off her. and find something else to do with that energy

• 1 decade ago

2 years to get it out of your system. Get yourself a hobby, so you are not moping around thinking too much.

• 1 decade ago

you should eat some kind of sweet thing , like sweets, before you sleep, and when you wake up just feel her , then try to

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Have you had sex with her? if you do , then it is very hard. Just tell her how you feel.

• 1 decade ago

its as simple as this, till you find the next one that is as "large" or bigger.

• 1 decade ago

the best way to lose feelings for another person is to ... CHEAT!

HAHAHAHA!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.