Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 decade ago

How long does it take to get rid of a large crush?

I have been obsessed with this girl for about 7 months now and im praying my feelings die down as i know it can't work out. Its the summer hols and i see her again in september, is it very likely my heart will always beat really fast when i see her no matter how long i leave it.

Im 17 btw and it has been a pretty bad crush, sometimes drifting toward obsessiveness.

Favorite Answer

yes eventually the excited feelings will go away when you see her. It takes time to get over someone, but it's not impossible.

I used to like this guy for a looonnggg time, but now when I see him I don't even care, he has a new gf and everything, and she is one of my good friends, and I really don't even care.

You just have to try not to think about the what-if's and everything, and don't let your imagination get wild. And if you start to think about her, just distract yourself. Or quickly think about something else.

I know exactly how you feel.

I've had a crush on someone for at least 12-13 months. I KNOW it's love. But it just can't happen. I feel dead inside not knowing I can have her.

The truth is, I have been trying to forget about her for probably 6 months now, but I just can't. Everything I see and hear about her reminds me of the times we have had, that amazing personality of hers, etc...

So I'm sorry to say, I have no idea. But I know that it's the worst feeling in the world, not being able to have the woman you love, and not being able to move one.

Sorry, and best of luck.

it wont die... i have had a crush on the same guy for over 2 years now. we used to be friends...i still loved him...we were bf and gf for about a month and he dumped me for another girl....i still loved him....and then we got into this big fight and we don't talk anymore....he moved next door to me i still love him! it wont die unless you fall in love with someone else and that's really hard when your already in love with someone.

This isnt good but just focus on some other things, school will inevitably bring new challenges, new people, and new crushes, let this one go

it look me a while to get over a guy i like loved, about 2 years. just try to keep you mind off her. and find something else to do with that energy

2 years to get it out of your system. Get yourself a hobby, so you are not moping around thinking too much.

you should eat some kind of sweet thing , like sweets, before you sleep, and when you wake up just feel her , then try to

Have you had sex with her? if you do , then it is very hard. Just tell her how you feel.

its as simple as this, till you find the next one that is as "large" or bigger.

the best way to lose feelings for another person is to ... CHEAT!

HAHAHAHA!