Cannibal Holocaust ?

Me and my friends wanted to watch some scary movies last night, so one of my friends said he had this movie "cannibal holocaust" that was so scary that it was banned. So we decided to watch it, I made him turn it off because it was beyond disturbing and it actually made me feel nauseous. Anyway he... show more Me and my friends wanted to watch some scary movies last night, so one of my friends said he had this movie "cannibal holocaust" that was so scary that it was banned.
So we decided to watch it, I made him turn it off because it was beyond disturbing and it actually made me feel nauseous.
Anyway he said that it's banned because the killing scenes were the real cast being killed, and that the animals that were killed were real to.

Is that true?
If it is, did the director get arrested and charged? Because that is just disgusting.