What is your favorite dinner dish?

I am making my grocery list, and have been checking out recipes and wrote about 10 down. I'd like to try new things.

So, I want to know what is your favorite dinner dish? And what is your favorite 'on the side' dish, like mashed potatoes, rice, salad and so on.

• Ann
    Best Answer

My most favorite dish in the whole world is beef roast, with gravy, mashed potatoes, fried okra, corn on the cob and sliced tomatoes. Sweet tea to drink and banana pudding for dessert. Everything made from scratch.

Source(s): just me

Braised lamb shanks with garlic mash and green veggies

Brown one lamb shank per person in some dripping (or oil at a push). When they're nicely browned put them in a casserole dish (or a slow cooker is even better).

Slice an onion and fry until soft in the meat fat then put the softened onions into the casserole with the shanks.

Make gravy out of the fat left in the pan: stir a tbsp or so of flour into the fat and then whisk in a pint or so of lamb stock (from a cube is fine because it cooks so long you won't really taste the cube, just the lamb), salt and pepper. Bring to the boil so that it thickens up and then pour the gravy over the shanks and onions. Put the lid on and put the casserole into the oven at around 140C for at least 3-4 hours. If you're using a slow cooker then cook them all day. When they're cooked the meat should be falling off the bones and the gravy will be nice, thick and unctious.

For the garlic mash - boil and mash the potoatoes with lots of butter and a really good dollop of garlic puree.

Serve with green veggies of your choice.

Yummy!

Delicious Easy Chicken Francese

NGREDIENTS

1/2 cup all-purpose flour

4 eggs, beaten

1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves

1/2 cup white wine

2 cups chicken broth

1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley

salt and pepper to taste

1/4 cup butter

2 lemons, juiced

1 teaspoon cornstarch

DIRECTIONS

Coat chicken with flour, then egg beat, then saute in a large skillet until almost cooked through. Drain on paper toweling.

Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).

In a medium saucepan combine the wine, broth, parsley, salt and pepper to taste, butter or margarine and lemon juice over medium low heat. Stir together while heating slowly. When butter or margarine has melted, slowly stir in cornstarch until sauce thickens slightly. Place chicken in a 9x13 inch baking dish and pour sauce over all.

Bake at 300 degrees F (150 degrees C) for about 10 to 15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear.

My favorite side dish with this is butter/herb rice. I like baby carrots as a vegetable.

I love steak, baked potato, corn on the cob from the grill and a salad and a Budweiser, but I can't drink now since I am pregnant.

I like roast, carrots and potatoes in the crock pot. That is the EASIEST and yummiest meal ever.

Spaghetti, garlic bread, salad

chicken stir fry rice.. yummy

cabbage rolls. They are the best food ever, but takes about three hours to cook and so much prep time!!

tacos, but with like one of those block of cheese and grate it up yourself. It makes it so much better.

I have to go down the road now, but when I come back, I am going to get back to this question. I am going to leave it up on my browser, because I have so much more stuff in my head!! lol.

:)

• amora

lasagana with garlic bread.

favourite side type dish:

Champ

6 big potatoes

bunch of scallions/spring onions

300ml (roughly) milk

knob of butter

1. Peel potatoes and cut them up, boil for around 20 minutes or until cooked.

2.Meanwhile in a saucepan, heat up the milk with the scallions (chopped up)

2. bring to the boil then let simmer.

3. when potatoes are done, take off heat, add milk and scallions then Mash.

4. serve with a dollop of butter in the middle.

Lasagna

pasta salad

• Gloria

Egg Noodles with Sausage

1 lb Hot Italian-sausage links

2 lg Carrots

1 md Onion

1 bn Broccoli (1 lb)

1/2 pk 16 oz extra wide egg noodles

Salt 2 tb Olive or salad oil

1/4 ts Italian herb seasoning

About 1 hour before serving: In a 12-inch skillet over medium heat, heat sausages and 1/4 cup water to boiling. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 5 minutes. Remove cover and cook, turning sausages occasionally, until water evaporates and sausages are browned, about 20 minutes. Remove sausages to paper towels to drain; cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Place sausage slices in a bowl. Reserve drippings in skillet. Meanwhile, slice carrots 1/4 inch thick; dice onion. Cut off root ends and discard tough outer leaves from the broccoli. Rinse and drain well. In drippings in skillet over medium heat, cook carrots and onion until vegetables are tender. Add 3/4 cup water, stirring to loosen brown bits from bottom of skillet. Add vegetable mixture to bowl with sausages. Wipe skillet dry. Cook noodles as label directs, using 2 tsp salt in the water. While egg noodles are cooking, in same skillet over high heat, in hot olive or salad oil, cook broccoli, Italian herb seasoning, and 1/4 tsp salt until tender crisp, 3 to 5 minutes, stirring often. Return

sausage mixture to skillet with broccoli; over medium heat, heat through, stirring occasionally. Add egg noodles; gently toss to mix well.

i like a good ol fashion rice and beans. but i also like fish, favorite side dish is corn on the cob. And i also like salmon patties.

Chicken Alfredo and a salad.

Shrimp Risotto with a salad- great recipe

http://recipe-korner.blogspot.com