I owe local taxes and FHA help!?

I live in pennsylvania and I owe my local school taxes and they are probably around $2,000. I need to buy a house and the only loan that I can get is a FHA loan. I plan on paying off my taxes at one time so I was wondering how long it would take to get my loan after they were paid or is it even necessary to pay them to get a loan? Also I have to pay two local taxes because I live in a different county than the school so I have to pay seperate thats how I got behind on them. I really need some advice and I hope that someone can help me with this problem.

Best Answer

Go see a lender and get preapproved for a mortgage. Then you'll know where you stand. But you shouldn't even try to buy a house until you get your debt issues (taxes or otherwise) cleaned up.

• tro

more than likely your credit report is going to be a major document in your application and if these outstanding taxes are shown there, those will be drawbacks for you

the amount of time it takes to get that cleared? ages. when you pay your taxes, be sure to get receipts and have them available with your loan application