Does christianity take any responsibility for discrimination against homosexuality?

What would you say to a gay man that killed a woman by stabbing her with a sword 61 times because she came onto him? Would you want him acquitted of all charges? (I would certainly want to see him rot in jail for the rest of his life) Why is it okay if it's a straight man murdering a gay man? Joseph... show more What would you say to a gay man that killed a woman by stabbing her with a sword 61 times because she came onto him?
Would you want him acquitted of all charges? (I would certainly want to see him rot in jail for the rest of his life)

Why is it okay if it's a straight man murdering a gay man?

Joseph Beidermann was recently acquitted for the murder of a gay man, for stabbing him 61 times with a sword, by using the "gay panic" defense Here is the link to the story (it's NBC news):
http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/Gay-Panic-Defense-Gets-Murder-Defendant-Off.html

You are the ones who refer to America as a "christian nation" and indeed no other belief system has weilded as much influence as christianity on our culture. So do you make any connection between the virulent hetero-supremacist views (which include "hate the sinner, not the sin") that our handed down as "god's word" from the alter, the teaching of bible passages that are interpreted as god himself ordering his followers to murder homosexuals, and the societal pressures that forced this man to believe he had the right, even the responsibility to murder another man for being gay?

What about the jury? Twelve random Americans and every member had to agree with the verdict that he should be set free with no time in prison. Do you think the church's own dehumanizing of homosexuals had any impact on twelve random Americans who think the leisure time of a straight man is infinitely more valuable than the actual life of a gay man? Did you know that many church leaders have stated publicly that they believe homosexuality is a crime that should be punishable by the death penalty?
Update: Alice: So what you're actually saying is that you didn't read the article, either that or you just took from it what you wanted without reading the rest. If the man had a dagger and the other man was unarmed why did the perp walk away with out a scratch after he stabbed the victim 61 times? why was there no... show more Alice: So what you're actually saying is that you didn't read the article, either that or you just took from it what you wanted without reading the rest. If the man had a dagger and the other man was unarmed why did the perp walk away with out a scratch after he stabbed the victim 61 times? why was there no sign of aq struggle. Of course he was going to say he was about to be raped, He didn't want to go to prison for the rest of his life, and he depended on stupid people like... well... people like you my friend.
Update 2: Alice: You're right. I believe I mentioned the jurors in my own question, and people who believe they are superior to homosexuals made a bad decision, a decision that I believe was influenced to a great degree by christianity's stranglehold over our culture.
Update 3: Alice: I've only been raped twice, I don't know about you. Of course I don't use my rape experience as an excuse to get pity from people or as a scapegoat for bad behavior for the rest of my life like some people do. To be honest getting thrown out of the house at 15 with no money and having to make it... show more Alice: I've only been raped twice, I don't know about you. Of course I don't use my rape experience as an excuse to get pity from people or as a scapegoat for bad behavior for the rest of my life like some people do. To be honest getting thrown out of the house at 15 with no money and having to make it on my own (for being gay) was a lot more difficult than the rape.
Update 4: Cricket: You have perfectly illustrated the way in which christianity should recognize partial responsibility for this crime. The bible tells you to murder homosexuals, you may not take it to heart but others do. YOU do not represent christianity by yourself